Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i asked a couple years ago about a forum for small game hunters, and small game dogs. i.e. beagles, coon dogs, squirrel dogs.
i think theres lots of guys that are big on small.
i was told at the time,,, and it probably still holds, that is all lumped in general hunting. but you can search a long list before you find something thats not deer or big game related here.
i do hunt deer and other big game, mostly because my buddies like it. so its more about spending time with them then any urge to take yet another deer.
so how about it? anyone else prefer small game hunting? or dogs that aren't targeted to upland birds and ducks?

·
Registered
26,740 Posts
ssshhhuuuuusssshhhh Be verwy quiet.....................

I'd subscribe to that forum

·
Registered
646 Posts
Im all for it!!!:D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my little rat terrier has treed some coons. mostly insidental finds whilesquirrel hunting, but i take the youngones for bbq.
i love coon dogs,,,just can't stay up late enough to run them,,,lol old age you know?
Or COON!!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my little rat terrier has run some rabbits for me too. goofey little dog will hunt just about anything if she can have fun chasing them.
3 Beagles here willing to run.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol darn it,,,now you guys got got me wanting a beagle.... how am i going to get this past the wife????

·
Registered
26,740 Posts
lol darn it,,,now you guys got got me wanting a beagle.... how am i going to get this past the wife????
Take her a puppy, because puppy breath has magical powers ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'd like to see a seperate page for small game. Probably would be agreat place for some of our younger hunters to visit. I know when I was young small game was what cut my teeth on. I actually love to hunt everything, and have a beagle just so I can run rabbits once the deer season starts winding down. Had bird dogs in the past, but the fall gets so busy for me, and the rabbit dog fit perfectly into my hunting schedule. I really turn on to small game after the first of the year.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
We just got a basset hound and are training him to run bunnies for the kids and I. After deer season thats about all we do til spring and the kids are getting real close to being able to join in on the hunts instead of just taggin along pounding brush.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts