Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2 ft long steel fishing rod from Walmart about 6 yrs ago. Then had them again the next year, but I haven't been able to find them since. Ive replaced the reel on it because it stunk but LOVE this rod. Want another one for my son to use. I have caught everything from panfish to a sucker and a carp and even a good sized catfish on it, and it has held up every time.
I took a couple of pictures of it but my camera is not that good. It measures 24 inches from the end of the handle to the tip and has 2 eyes.

Anyone seen anything out there like it or even have a clue what Im talking about?:help:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
wyldcat,

What kind of shroons were those that you ate? :lol:

....I never seen anything like that at Walmart and that's the only place I go in that store...Interesting though...I would like to see a pic of one....

LMF :fish:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry no shrooms eaten here. I do know I purchased it at Walmart in GR, the one on Alpine to be exact.
I tried to take a good picture of it but its a cheap digital.

The 'spot' between the eyes is my splitshot.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Interesting looking..I can't say I have ever seen one that looked like that. I have a couple of the old telescopic ones from yesteryear laying around somewhere..

LMF :fish:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not telescopic. Just like that and works perfectly. But see told you there were no shrooms involved, this time at least. ;)

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its called Swede Stainless Stik. I can NOT find any to purchase, at least not so far, online.
Here is a discription I found doing a google search. A guy whose daughter had caught a fish using this rod/reel combo.
The Swede Stainless Stik was sold by Walmart for about $16 a few years back. It came with the reel shown in the picture and some cheap line that needed to be replaced. I assume it was intended for kids. It is easy to cast and operate.
Today it brought in 5 bluegills, 2 rock bass, 1 small mouth bass, and 4 perch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have that same pole i got it years ago at walmart and i haven't been able to find one either!! i have checked everywhere online for one!!! i have even caught gars on it off of a bridge 50ft from the water. pole is still like new and wouldn't sell it for my life but would like to have more for just incase. this is the only pole i have used.:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Look's like it would be pretty easy to make:idea:

How are the eyes attached?

·
Registered
3 Posts
it's all stainless steel<one piece>. For the two eyes it just wraps around twice. i tryed to take pictures but the steel was leaving a glare on it.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2 ft long steel fishing rod from Walmart about 6 yrs ago. Then had them again the next year, but I haven't been able to find them since. Ive replaced the reel on it because it stunk but LOVE this rod. Want another one for my son to use. I have caught everything from panfish to a sucker and a carp and even a good sized catfish on it, and it has held up every time.
I took a couple of pictures of it but my camera is not that good. It measures 24 inches from the end of the handle to the tip and has 2 eyes.

Anyone seen anything out there like it or even have a clue what Im talking about?:help:

yes i have seen one and i own one... my dad bought it for me and it was my first fishin pole..it is a great rod but the real absolutely sukked...i put a zebco 33 on it for 6 bux and now i catch everything frum purch to bass to catfish...i looked everywhere and even on ebay and i aint found anuther one

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone!! Glad to be here!! I have had this Swede pole for over 15 years. Everyone laughs @ me UNTIL they see that it can cast anywhere you wanna aim it and it is so easy to bring in fish with it. Wouldn't trade mine for nothin'. Caught a 15-18 lb Stripe bass/rock fish on 091310 and a 14 lb stripe and a 20 lb drum last nite. This ain't just a kid's rod!!! Will try to get pics attached for ya'll!!! Happy fishin'!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have built similiar rods for guys using a fiberglass or graphite gaff blank. Install a good handle and reel seat, couple of nice guides and walla, a very compact, easy to use rod. Guys stick it in their golf bags for those times when your following a slow foursome and there just happens to be a pond full of fish along the fairway.:tdo12:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've have one of these rods in my hand right now. I was thinking about selling it on ebay or craig's list. I never tried it, just acquired it. Does any body know if it is worth keeping? Any value to this rod with a T1000 Turbo Cast reel? Is this considered a small child's rod, or is intended to be a ultra-light rod?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I own two of these awesome rods. I would be willing to trade one of the rods for lures. I'm wanting to get some Ping-A-T (A.K.A. Ping-A-Tee) lures before this Fall.

I would also consider Mag Warts in the 214 or 216 color. One is Red Hot Tiger and the other is Blue Hot Tiger.

Just email me pictures of what you have to trade and I'll send you a picture of the rod.

I also have other baits I'm looking for so I can email you a list of what I want. I'll buy or trade for the baits.

gbellau at insightbb dot com

Thank You,

Gene

·
Registered
1 Posts

My mother has one my email is [email protected] let me know if u have found one

1 - 20 of 23 Posts