Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Save your trip fella's, was out at the raft today since morning. The gills seemed to have moved out. Caught only 3 keepers very small perch and rockbass moved in. Not to mention a few small crappie.
it was nice to chat with Ed Stringer who pointed out Mike the Elder. They can verify what happened out there too. Hey Ed, hopefully we'll meet again under better fishing conditions next time.
Johnr

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Thanks for the report John, How was the water clarity today?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I will verify what Johnr said, I caught 2 keeper Sunnies, 1 undersized largemouth and some rock bass from 11-1:30 p.m. Ice looked good. Don't forget your creepers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have been waiting for pike spearing to open. how far out did u go that u still had good ice. i haven't been out once yet. thanks

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I GOT SCHOOLED AGAIN! STRINGER IS THE SUNNY KING!

The only person that I saw do well today was Ming Ming. What did you take home about a dozen nice sunnies? One of which was mine (I think the biggest one:evilsmile ) I did catch a nice yellowbelly though. Kept that just to prove to my wife that I was really out fishing.

Ice isn't bad except for the big holes the dummies chop out there. If you go out there after it snows tonight make sure you spud every step of the way. There's a broken leg out there waiting to happen. I marked one of the spearing holes with ice chunks but there a still some holes out there big enough for a foot to go through. It's not cold enough for those big holes to freeze well enough to step on.

Big Mike

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yep Yep just enought for dinner. I don't think the fish have left just getting conditioned, presured and veary !!!!! but all that poop means nada to me I'm still going to fish and with gods grace catch a few. Sorry I had to show the fish were still holding Mike and the perch was nice a bucket full would have been great but so it go'es.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Jusr above (around the bend)the DNR launch at Fair Haven. It's a Bar/Restaurant. Good burgers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts