Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I borrowed some thing's from my father to make up some slinkies. The shot is #3, so I started with 3, then 4, 5, and 6. My question is; Should I go bigger than that or no? If need be, I can make them while up north fishing. This is my dad's Shot and Parachute cord so i don't want to use it all. Doe's just about any hardware store carry Parachute Cord? If so, am I going to pay by the foot, or can I get it in bulk? My father bought his shot at Jay's, 5lbs of #3's for $12. Not sure where he bought the parachute cord, but he got his in bulk.

Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
You get parachute cord at Meijers. They also have the lead.

·
Registered
205 Posts
the parachuter cord you can buy at an army navy surplus,
you can also use a braided cord that colmen makes for genral camping purposes.

I use shot for shot gun shells either steel or lead dosent really matter.

hope that helps a little

adam

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
flyrod4steel,

You seem to fish some of the same rivers as I and I think 6 is more than enough. I would say that 99% of the time I use a slinky with 2 shot. If heavier current, maybe 3 or 4 but never more.

I find the less weight, the better. Just a tick every now and again....maybe.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Using Slinkies is a first for me.

Thanks mickey. The box that I have all the slinkies in is pretty heavy. 2doz-3shot slinky, 2doz-4shot slinky, 2doz-5shot slinky, and 6-6shot slinky.

I think that should be enough for awhile :D

labrat,
I went to Meijers last night. They had some parachute cord, but was to big for what I wanted. Also, they didn't have any shot what so ever. Thanks though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts