Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site and starting over with ice fishing after about 35 yr's. Thanks to this; and the ICE TEAM site, winter is once again a joy.
THe MUCC show 2-19 was great. Finally a reality show worth watching. The Steelhead segment was especially riviting for me. The Slammer tip-up Looks like one of the new replacements for the conventional tip-up. I think that the show said the tip-up is made by Matt Schalk at Slamco. Where can I find out more about them?
Last Sunday was the best day fishing the SG this winter. While using a Arctic Warrior, a Thorson rod, blue & white swedish pimple with minnow and stinger. Wham down goes the rod up goes the flag.The walleye was 24". It is just great being able to use the rod to fight the fish instead of handlining with a tip-up.
Tanx for all the help from this site. Any help on loc. the slammer ill be appreciated. Sisyphus, ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BeaverPilot,
Thanks, web site is exactly what I'm looking for.
Ice fishing is alot different looking at it from 35 yrs. away. The memories with my dad and brother are still vivid. Some of the tools are new but the excitement of pulling a fish through a hole in the ice is still the same.
Sisyphus;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
matt schalk is a member of this site im sure you can just PM him

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BeaverPilot,
Thanks, web site is exactly what I'm looking for.
Ice fishing is alot different looking at it from 35 yrs. away. The memories with my dad and brother are still vivid. Some of the tools are new but the excitement of pulling a fish through a hole in the ice is still the same.
Sisyphus;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
sisyphus,

Welcome to the site ! I bought and made a couple of those Slammers last year. They're easy and fun to build. Matt's a great guy who came up with a great design. Give him a shout, he'll hook you up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jpollman,
Sounds like fun putting the slammer together. Maybe something like the flies you tie making you part of the process.
Tanx to everyone, great help.
Sisyphus
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts