Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out all day sunday with my dad in front of deckers and North channel yacht club. We tried jigging, and drifting and trolling with BB and harnesses. Also trolled with hot n tots, thunder sticks, and spoons( but we only had 2 rods out so not a lot of time with each lure). When we were trolling we were going about 2 mph downstream and sometimes up to 2.5 mph. I want to go again but gunna have a hard time convincing papa. Anything i was doing wrong or should give a try?

Oh and i was marking fish in anywhere from 25 fow to 40fow mainly in 30-35 fow

Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
cross i'd calvin said:
went out all day sunday with my dad in front of deckers and North channel yacht club. We tried jigging, and drifting and trolling with BB and harnesses. Also trolled with hot n tots, thunder sticks, and spoons( but we only had 2 rods out so not a lot of time with each lure). When we were trolling we were going about 2 mph downstream and sometimes up to 2.5 mph. I want to go again but gunna have a hard time convincing papa. Anything i was doing wrong or should give a try?

Thanks
I was out there with you and had the same results. I got out there around 11:00 and by that time the bite had ended for the day. I talked to several people who said that the fishing was OK up to about 9:00 am and then they shut right down. My advice is to get out there earlier in the day. I did notice that there did not seem to be as many fish on the screen as there was earlier in the week. Maybe they have moved into the lake.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Seemed to me on Sunday the fish were deeper. Probably because of the sun and the boat traffic? I'm not really sure though. But we caught 8 of our ten fish yesterday between 1130 am and 300 pm. We caught all of them in 40 fow or more. It did seem like the fish were really spread out though.

Perchguy, (Ed) were you up by Algonac at all? I thought I saw you in your lund sometime after 12? It looked like you anyway. I hope all is well, and maybe we can go fishing sometime this summer.

MDH

·
Registered
104 Posts
Algonac Sun. all of the fish we caught were from 29-38ft of water.

·
Registered
163 Posts
cross i'd calvin said:

Thanks
Sounds like you have the right plan, keep trying! You'll get on fish. Besides, what else is there to do? Yard work? I suggest sticking to BB and crawler harnesses.

·
Registered
353 Posts
MDH said:
Seemed to me on Sunday the fish were deeper. Probably because of the sun and the boat traffic? I'm not really sure though. But we caught 8 of our ten fish yesterday between 1130 am and 300 pm. We caught all of them in 40 fow or more. It did seem like the fish were really spread out though.

Perchguy, (Ed) were you up by Algonac at all? I thought I saw you in your lund sometime after 12? It looked like you anyway. I hope all is well, and maybe we can go fishing sometime this summer.

MDH
Yea that was me out by myself for the first time. The boat worked fine but the fish did not cooperate. I had a grand total of one bite. Around 3:00 pm I talked to some folks at the dock who had outsince dawn. They got 4 fish before 9 a.m. They said that when the sun hit the water the bite shut right down. I would love to go out with you. Shoot me a PM and lets set something up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts