Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Skunk Help

732 8
One of my gsps got into a skunk tonight. What Do I do. Can I kill the smell.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
thank you
I have used this recipe before and it really works. There might be a little odor left behind but just wash them again...sorry to hear your dogs got into peppi..
white vinegar, then dish soap.the acid kills the odor and he doesn't end up pink like tomato juice. will smell like a pickle for a couple days though.
Try washing him in Cascade...yes the dishwasher soap. I've not tried it but I've seen several that swear by it.

Mike
Thanks for all the help. I did the peroxide and bakinsoda trick. It wokred real well for me.
Thanks again
I bought a product called odor mute which is easy to carry with you or in your hunting bag. You just need to dilute it in water. I haven't had the pleasure of trying it yet but I am sure it will come in handy some day. All the Setter Guys swear by it.
mustang67 said:
Thanks for all the help. I did the peroxide and bakinsoda trick. It wokred real well for me.
Thanks again
:D

Actually I swear by the baking soda and peroxide combo thanks to a vizsla guy. :lol:
Shotgun Kennel said:
All the Setter Guys swear by it.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.