Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Did you sit in your blind all day long?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
i got down to go back and get a coat and eat lunch real quick. i would of stayed in the stand the whole time but i was shaking so back from the wind i needed my coat.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I took out my youngest sister to sit with me for the opener. Needless to say, with a 9 year old, I knew we wouldn't be sitting the entire day. She did last in the morning until ~11am though and we were back out from 2:30-5:40 in the afternoon.

·
Registered
10,944 Posts
There arent enough magazines, food and books to keep me in the stand all day:lol:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Heck, I've been sitting all day each day I could get out since November 1st. Can't miss out on any opportunity!

·
Registered
877 Posts
I shot many deer during the lunch hour period while other hunters went looking for deer and pushed them around. Box blind and buddy heater helps. I also carry a small walkman to listen to a lil music and news.

Opening day I had a six point opening a scrape at 11:00. The rut is still on.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I shot many deer during the lunch hour period while other hunters went looking for deer and pushed them around. Box blind and buddy heater helps. I also carry a small walkman to listen to a lil music and news.

Opening day I had a six point opening a scrape at 11:00. The rut is still on.

This was the first opener I sat all day. Ive been lucky enough in the past to always fill a tag before 10am. This was the longest I've ever sat in my blind , and the fewest deer I've ever seen on the opener.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I sat all day. Could of done without the high winds but made the best of it. I saw as many deer middday as any other time.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
I sat all day in the same ground blind from a 6:30am to 6 pm. I didn't see a single deer until 11am when a single doe walked by, then nothing till 3:15. Very slow day! Persistince paid off when a nice buck was pushed to me around 4pm. I still sat till dark, but only because I wanted to meet up with others in my hunting group to help me drag him out. Glad I did.

·
Registered
905 Posts
All day, but it was 12 1/2 hours. My 16 year old son and I had a double tree stand set-up on stateland. We saw 8 deer, he passed on a 3 point at 9:45 that was in front of us at 20 yards for 5 minutes. I was kind of surprised he didn't want to pull the trigger on him, because he never shot anything during the youth hunt this year. I told him it was up to him on whatever he wanted to do. That was the only buck of the day. It was a very long day. When is that monster going to come by on the opener. I feel like Earnhardt trying to win Daytona.

·
Premium Member
5,603 Posts
That was the original plan but my son and I had to make an on the fly change of plans in mid-afternoon due to a neighbor issue (long story) and relocated. It paid off for him with a nice buck at 5:35. I passed a spike at 12:45 so as usual mid-day held some activity.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Due to back issues about 5 hours is the max. This year I sat 6 - 11 and got down for a quick lunch and forced myself to be back out by 1:00. Paid off as I killed my second largest buck ever (125" eight-point) at 1:20. I wish I could just park for the day but I don't enjoy the misery. I hunt because it's fun. If I don't enjoy it why do it? Up north I like to walk but down in farm country I don't have the option of roaming so I try to pick my times.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I sit every year from sun up til sun down in my blind. I do not move unless some one needs help or I shoot a deer. This year neither happened. I shoot a lot of deer when the rest of my party goes into town for food. I did see one doe during the time they were gone and that was the last deer I saw all day long. Not a good opener for us in Clare!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i sat till 11 got out eat lunch and got back at 1130 only seen 4 does about 200 yards away running. then wen drivin back to motel we seen a truck with 5 bucks in that back smallest one was a 4

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree Wardo, the EUP deer herd is definitely disappointing at times. I sat all day Sunday and until noon Monday, and saw no deer. Finally saw one tonight for a brief second, don't know what it was. I sure do love hunting up north, but can be very frustrating.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts