Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was thinking of putting the Sims S-Coil Stabilizer on my bow but my friends dad uses it with his recurve and he said it makes no difference is this just because its a recurve or does it not make a difference. How do you guys like it? Thanks in advance.
Greg

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
The S-Coil is probably one of the best deals out there right now and yes, it does make a difference. For $15 you cannot go wrong...the S-Coil will work as good as many $30-$50 stabilizers out there. The only thing is that it is not very heavy, so if you are using it for balance purposes you may need to add some kind of other weight to it. Why in the heck would someone use one on a recurve...that seems kind of odd?!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use it on my Parker Hunter Mag pulling 70 lbs and have noticed that it did lessen the vibration upon release and it allowed me to stay steadier upon release as well.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I use one ,but I don't notice any significant difference over the other stabilizers I have used over the years .

·
Registered
97 Posts
mqxlt said:
I have never heard anything good about that stabilizer. And the price is right too! Less that $20.
Duh! I ment to say that I never heard anything bad about that stabilizer...(hectic day at work!) :bash:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I found a fairly significant difference between the S-Coil and my NAP Shochblocker. The S-Coil is an incredible product for the price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts