Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sending my Simms in tommorow to have a small tear fixed and some loose stiching taken care of. How long do they normally take to get stuff back to you? The trout opener is in two weeks and I don't feel like wearing my neos... unless of course this weather keeps up.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
72 Posts
quest32a said:
I am sending my Simms in tommorow to have a small tear fixed and some loose stiching taken care of. How long do they normally take to get stuff back to you? The trout opener is in two weeks and I don't feel like wearing my neos... unless of course this weather keeps up.
I sent my Simms breathables in just recently. Didn't take long at all. I called them first to make sure, and they gave me a RMA number. I sent my waders the very next day thru USPS 3 Day Priority Mail, and it cost me like 5.88. But what I do not understand is, Simms charged me a 20.00 Shipping & Handling (And this so called processing charge), to send them back. But it didn't take that long to get the waders back. (I would say about 5-7 days after they recieved them from me, so you should get them back in time.)

One of the reps told me it normally doesn't take too long for a return, but it might depend on the time of the year. With the trout opener coming soon, hopefully you get them back within the 2 week grace period.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks F.O. I already have my R.A. #, but when I checked their website they said spring is their busiest time of year. So it may take longer to get stuff back. Like I said I have a very nice pair of neos, I just hate them...LOL
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
72 Posts
quest32a said:
Thanks F.O. I already have my R.A. #, but when I checked their website they said spring is their busiest time of year. So it may take longer to get stuff back.
Yeah, that is why I sent mine in earlier this year, a lesson learned.:D

quest32a said:
Like I said I have a very nice pair of neos, I just hate them...LOL
Yeah, nothing beats sweat turning into slime on a warm spring/summer day. LOL:lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FiberOptic said:
Yeah, that is why I sent mine in earlier this year, a lesson learned.:D
Yeah unfortunatly I just ripped mine this past Sunday. And it is a good one too, no aquaseal for this tear. Fishing was pretty decent though:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
General consensus from everyone I have talked to / read / other forums, etc. is that Simms customer service is only rivaled by Cabelas, for what its worth. Stated turn time for repairs is two weeks, and most reports are that it takes less time than that. Like everyone else has said, though, the trout opener changes things a little. My best guess is that it'll be a crap shoot. Where is the rip at?

You could always send them and wet wade it for the opener if you don't get them back :yikes: ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Why not use the nice patch and some aquaseal to patch it up yourself. I ripped mine bad, used the patch and aquaseal and it looks good, doesn't leak and saved me downtime and shipping money. They wouldn't give it to you with the waders unless they intended for you to use it to patch a rip or tear.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TUCKER said:
Why not use the nice patch and some aquaseal to patch it up yourself. I ripped mine bad, used the patch and aquaseal and it looks good, doesn't leak and saved me downtime and shipping money. They wouldn't give it to you with the waders unless they intended for you to use it to patch a rip or tear.
The tear was over an inch long, which was over their recomended size for fixing yourself. In addition I had to have a seam stiched on my upper waders (at a strap)that was coming loose. It was in a tough spot and I couldn't do it myself.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
222 Posts
quest32a said:
I am sending my Simms in tommorow to have a small tear fixed and some loose stiching taken care of. How long do they normally take to get stuff back to you? The trout opener is in two weeks and I don't feel like wearing my neos... unless of course this weather keeps up.
Here it goes. Looks like you are finding out first hand you should of got Patagonia's :). Compared to my G3's my Pat's are bulletproof and just about as breathable. You can pick em up on ebay for under $200 as well John...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,578 Posts
John, we'll be in Bozeman, MT for our youngest son's graduation from Montana State on May 12th. I'll stop in and put a fire under their work for ya.........:lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whit1 said:
John, we'll be in Bozeman, MT for our youngest son's graduation from Montana State on May 12th. I'll stop in and put a fire under their work for ya.........:lol:
They shipped them back the other day, so I should have them midweek. It took them a while to fix them though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,470 Posts
Whit1 said:
John, we'll be in Bozeman, MT for our youngest son's graduation from Montana State on May 12th. I'll stop in and put a fire under their work for ya.........:lol:
Whit where are you going to go fishing out there? Lucky dog!! Congratulations to your son.:coolgleam
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,578 Posts
J-Lee said:
Whit where are you going to go fishing out there? Lucky dog!! Congratulations to your son.:coolgleam
We'll fish wherever he takes us. A lot will depend on the snow melt situation. He emailed us yesterday saying the fishing was very good right now, but the mountain snows have barely begun to melt.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top