Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends and I are planning a Simcoe trip in several weeks. We have initially contacted Whitey at Lake Simcoe Adventures (or something like that) and got a quote of $320/man for 2 days fishing, lodging, 2 breakfasts and lunches, ice hut/transportation to and from.

We also contacted Peninsula Resort (which I've stayed at for lodging only during October trips) who work with Pefferlaw Ice Huts.

Does anyone have any ice fishing experience with Peninsual/Pefferlaw? Their price is about $100 less than Whitey's, but if the service is much better, I wouldn't mind. I have fished the Pefferlaw/Virginia Beach/Beaverton area that Peninsula is on, but never Cook's Bay, where Whitey is located.

Any help on either of these outfitters - or any suggestions for other Simcoe outfitters - would be appreciated. I've trolled the Simco threads and don't recall seeing anything on Peninsula.

Thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have stayed at the penninsula resort and brought my own quads but , I have not used thier huts. No problem at all with the resort just the theft in the area we had to park quads next to building and park cars in a "v" formation around quads. They actually had a couple quads stolen the day before we arrived.

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
theft always seems to be a problem there even when we stayed at the holiday in, manager said " back your rig up to the big snow bank or it may be gone in the morning":yikes:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're travelling light this outing - leaving all the big gear at home. That's why we're evaluating full service outfitters. We'll have no concern of getting robbed of gear, but don't want to get robbed through poor service, etc.

It's a shame that despite the reliance on the sporting/tourism industry, some of those thieving panheads still don't get it. I had a colleague lose a near-new Mercury outboard off a fishing boat last summer up north of the Soo. Parked right in front of the room, too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fished with Whitey the last 2 years . Had a great time . Caught lot of fish . Very nice people . Only had to cook your own diner . They made breakfast & brought you lunch on the ice . Heated huts with minnows . Very nice place on the lake . Give them a try .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts