Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts
Well I actually have to go to work tonight at 6.
I spent today getting the BOAT ready for friday. I wil be on muskegon, fremont or croton friday by the looks of the weather.
I can't believe this weather 3 weeks ago we were talking about getting the power augers ready now I'm getting a boat ready, only in Michigan. :dizzy:

Tim

:yikes:
Got dat right!
Well it looks like it might start firming back up later this week - but I'm not going to bet the farm on that.
I'm guessing that Tony will be in the usual seat - but if you have an open chair & ya want a contribution to your creel count - I did just get a few more X-Raps for X-Mas!!
LOL
Today I went back to work , and after the past six days off , I could have EASILY done with out that crap....
:rant:
I bought a few lottery tickets on the way home.... Dan's right - W O R K is a four letter word ......
:rolleyes:
Please God......

Can I retire early?? I'm bored with working for "other" people...
:gaga:

tkpolasek said:
We got 5 eyes tonight on Silver, but 4 of them were undersize. I did catch one that was 21" though.
What time did the fish start for you guys Dan? I would guess that we didn't start catching eyes till about 5:30, and then for the next 30-45 minutes I constantly had fish moving thru on the Vex.

So what did you ice Robert?
I know a bunch of pecker perch. :lol: :lol:

Tim
Tim: I fished Silver at least a dozen times last year and never caught an eye before 4PM and none later than 7PM. Not to say it can't be done but after all those trips last year I found that for me I only have an hour to hour and a half bite. Get them while there hot......

Dan

Yeah Dan thats what I am finding to.
The problem is the 63 mile drive for 45 minutes of action.

I will let you know Robert. I am going check fremont tomorrow. I know that muskegon and croton are open water.
I am to the point of not really needing any walleye anymore for a while either. My in-laws are leaving for Alabama in the morning.So they won't be getting any fish for a while and I have enough in the freeze for about 4 meals so its catch and release for me for a while.

I know what you mean about work Robert, as I stand here typing this from work! :rant:
I would much rather be doing other things.

Tim

Well at least I did not miss much the other day/night. But, I would have much rather been up there with you guys. Believe me it is not a good thing to have time off work, and stuck home, with 3 people fighting over 2 bathrooms.

As far as Fremont goes, the main lake has opened back up. East side is still covered. The north launch is still iced in, open water to the west of the wall at the launch. I did not drive to the south launch, but based on what I saw a couple days ago ... it might be open.

Ed

GET WELL soon Ed!
I bet the south launch is open... and our 'finger' in accessable...
How big were your keepers FM???

I bet the ice is sKEErY now!!!

Robert
:D

fishin'magician' said:
18 to 21 in range I would guess.

Shoot that ice is 3 times better than hamlin
:SHOCKED:
WOW!!
So what was your magic bait magic fisherman??
LOL
:lol:

Robert

seein any ducks or geese out on fremont? :evil:

I don't know about that ice. It's probably still good but I don't think I will be going up there for at least another week till we get some colder temps.

Was just by Fremont and as Ed said the entire west side is open all the way to the north launch and the entire south shore is open. You could launch from the south launch and hit the south shore by the sunken island. Robert, your boat would launch from the south launch wouldn't it????????????????????????

Well I just got back from Fremont. Both of the launches are iced in yet. There is a lot more ice in front of the south launch then the north. You could probaly fish off the wall at the north launch.

There is so many ducks and geese out there it is unbelievable.

I guess I will have to try muskegon or croton. I did see 1 boat on croton on the way back home.

Tim

tkpolasek said:
The problem is the 63 mile drive for 45 minutes of action.
Tim
0' C'Mon Tim!!
Before you got married , that wasn't a problem!!
LMAO!!!!
:lol: :lol:
Dan'L - you are bound & determined to HACK the Kr@P outta my remaining paint , and you don't give a d@mn if we even SEE a fish ...
AIN'T DAT RIGHT?!?!?!?!???

:evilsmile
I'm pretty sure the boat is put up for the winter........

:p

sfw1960 said:
Dan'L - you are bound & determined to HACK the Kr@P outta my remaining paint , and you don't give a d@mn if we even SEE a fish ...
AIN'T DAT RIGHT?!?!?!?!???

I'm pretty sure the boat is put up for the winter........
:p
Robert - I have a compressor, spray gun and some nice 2-stage urathane in Ford Tractor Blue, left over from the '47 Dodge Truck I sold last summer. It would make the bottom of the tug boat look mighty purty.:lol: :lol:

Tim:
Croton Gills????
Better do SOMETHING with all the spikes Ed sold us , otherwise we'll hafta make mEEtL0aF outta them.
:corkysm55

LMK what ya do.... I'm half tempted to see how Mears' ice is...
:cwm27:

Ed:
Sounds like you're feeling better!
:SHOCKED:
Turn on the garage heater , Dan will be right over with his Tracker... mix up some of that Ford Tractor Blue -- I'll call Starcraft & get some NEW stickers for the sides - UPS - overnite X-press.....
:lol:

fishin'magician':

What size Dominator?? 2" 0r 3"???
Gotta love $1 baits!

3 in, and yes dollar spoons rock. I have bought 80 dollar spoons this year

New Question, have any of you targeted crapppie on silver?

Last night the eyes didn't go for us but Mike Gnat took a 13 in speck and we saw a butload of suspended fish

fishin'magician' said:
3 in, and yes dollar spoons rock. I have bought 80 dollar spoons this year

New Question, have any of you targeted crapppie on silver?

Last night the eyes didn't go for us but Mike Gnat took a 13 in speck and we saw a butload of suspended fish
FM: I have fished Silver a lot in the past 3 years and have yet to catch a spec. I know there around but just haven't put in the time to locate them. I usually just end up fishing in front of the state park. I know if I was to try other areas I would have better luck locating them. I do hear of more specs/gills being caught on the east side of the lake........

41 - 60 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.