MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,424 Posts
Is it ready yet??
;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my buddys called johnsons in whitehall and said a few guys were on silver but suggested to be careful. report was a few eyes being caught

·
Registered
101 Posts
just got back from silver,1 small walleye,gold and black #7 rapalla,14 foot water there was plenty of ice about 5-6 inches in front of floradale resort.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the report, sounds like ill be at silver on thursday for a day of fishing ill report back

·
Super Moderator
16,424 Posts
Was it a "keeper"?
:evilsmile

·
Registered
101 Posts
no, not a keeper around 12-13 inches,last year every walleye i caught and seen caught on silver was a keeper,Now my first of the ice season is short, oh well i guess it could have been worse.

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Ice on Silver! O boy, I got the vex charging as I write. Can see a trip in the very near future.

Thinking about it I never caught a dink eye on Silver last winter. All were well over the minimum length.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fished last night out in front of the state park in about 15 fow and caguht a couple small walleye and nice pike on a tip up, and had one break my line. ice was a solid 5 inches in most spots with some soft spots here and there. glow jog-a-whoppers with minnow heads worked foro the eyes

·
Super Moderator
16,424 Posts
KooL!!
Wuz they kEEpErs this time??
:corkysm55

·
Super Moderator
16,424 Posts
I spent this afternoon jigging in the company of the world famous TKPolasek.

A.K.A. "The Notorious X-Rapper"

WalleYe Slasher eXtraordinaire
~
:lol:
We went to Silver Lake , fished out of the State Park and I was able to jig up about a 7-8" perch on a #7 Jiggin' Rap. It was a bit slow where we were... just about nightfall we each yoinked a single , slightly short eYe... prolly about 13" , but they hit with the heart of a Lion!
;)

SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN FOR DAN!!
(A.K.A. Wally- eYe )

The ice is good and it's safe!!! First hole we plugged was in 5FOW and after a few turns of Tim's 8" LaZer - it went right thru... OUR eyes got BIG!!
PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was a double-crust and under 2" was a bit of water then 5" to 6" of crystal CLEAR ROCK SOLID , beautiful ICE , ICE BABY!!
The crust was only in a few places but almost all of the 12-15 holes we drilled were just ROCK SOLID.
:fish:
It was a pleasure to kill some minions again this afternoon with ya Tim !
I have the following upcoming dates off -
DEC -23-26-30 and I'm considering asking for another day or two....
I'd like to go again , maybe we can get on 'em next time!!
WudYaThink???

Robert

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sounds great to me Robert. I think I am going to plan a day up there on the 27th if my honey hole close to home don't start to produce better.
Who knows Fremont may even be froze by then got pertty cold again last night.
Had a great time last night though. The wind made for a very interesting night. :yikes:
I think the next time I go up there I will be fishing the other spot though.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
16,424 Posts
I'm with ya Br0!!
I'm shooting for Dec. 22 & 27 off as well , but I'll have to bust a hump to make it happen. I'm thinkin' 10 Hr days... or more. When I walked in this morn' there was 2 cartloads of work for me , and now there's 5 and 2 skids too!
I enjoyed myself too - too bad the eYes didn't wanna play...
:lol:
LMK what ya got up y0 sleeve!

R

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Robert glad to see you and Tim hit MY private lake. The ice did the same thing last year, ice, water then more ice. Something about the sand.

I was going out this weekend but been working on my tractor. Sucker won't start. Ran the other day and then now it toast. No spark. Stupid tractor is as old as I am so its real tired. Got a new distributor on it but now I think the mag is bad.........oh well.

Not sure when I'll be ready to go out. Dr. and hosp. appts. this week. Went by the Freek this morning and there less ice now than there was last week.

Anyhow good job on hitting the lake. How deep were ya fishing? I usually hit 10fow just before dark, which last year was the key.

·
Super Moderator
16,424 Posts
I hooked mine in 16FOW and Tim popped his in 17FOW - and we saw one guy rifle at least one keeper into the bucket in 18FOW( I thought he was droppin' a second one in when I looked up) . I did jig in one hole that had some nice green cabbage come up , I didn't drop the LMS down the hole - but I'm guessing it was 10-12FOW.
Sorry I didn't read this post - before I posted elsewhere...
I hope ya get the ole deere runnin' PDQ and the Doc. can give ya some cortisone FASTER than PDQ....
Let's go MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert

:D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Well the magician is going tomarrow (wen) with my dad I will be the fat guy in black with a brown beard and my dad will be in carhardt with a grey beard we will be by the state park. stop by and say hi

1 - 20 of 77 Posts