Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question maybe some can answer. I Kayak and fish all over the M13/ Shiawassee Fed Refuge. I recently noticed this sign. I was under the impression that I could fish the waters in my kayak? Am I wrong now? I saw the DNR electro shocking fish recently in there. Could this sign just be for shore fisher man? One of my favorite spots to fish and paddle. Thanks for any help on this.
Plant Sky Plant community Ecoregion Natural landscape

·
Registered
505 Posts
Seems cut and dried. All Public Entry Prohibited.

Their site rules page

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Their site rules page
But even by kayak? It's the Cass river, The Flint River,the Shia, and the Upper Sag are all the same In this realm. Alot of us fish here? I'm confused? Use to be O.K. DNR never said anything to me?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Their site rules page
Thanks for the link...I'm sending an email to them, I try to do things the right way just want clarity.

·
Registered
505 Posts
But even by kayak? It's the Cass river, The Flint River,the Shia, and the Upper Sag are all the same In this realm. Alot of us fish here? I'm confused? Use to be O.K. DNR never said anything to me?
Yes it is confusing. A section of the rules reads”boating is allowed only on navigable waterways flowing through the refuge”.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts