Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week someone told me it is illegal to carry a rifle afield in the 5 days prior to gun deer season. I don't think I remember that one from hunters safety. Is it true? Sure doesn't seem like it based on the amount of shooting that happens on the 13th and 14th!

KW

·
Registered
437 Posts
2.1 Taking of animals; prohibited methods, devices, and weapons; exceptions.
Sec. 2.1 Unless otherwise specified in this order, a person shall not do any of the following:

(3) During the five days immediately preceding November 15, transport or possess in an area frequented by deer a rifle or shotgun with buckshot, slug load, ball load, or cut shell. A person may transport a rifle or shotgun to or from a hunting camp if the rifle or shotgun is unloaded and securely encased or carried in the trunk of a vehicle. This section shall not prohibit a resident who holds a fur harvester's license from carrying a rimfire firearm .22 caliber or smaller while hunting or checking a trap line during the open season for hunting or trapping fur-bearing animals.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Guess all that shooting takes place on private land, eh? :rolleyes:

Good to know! Thanks!

KW
Not all private land. Violators are going to do whatever until they are caught. It's like illegal baiting. Do it regardless of whether or not it is legal. Shooting on public land always happens in the days before the 15th. Either these people cannot read the digest, they don't give a damn, or both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts