Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday me the misses and a fellow member got a chance to meet up and do a float. We floated the section below that ole roger that and we had a great time. The fishing was decent but with the weather i thought for sure itd be hotter than it was. The day started out very nice with a little cloud cover and not to many bugs until the heavens above us opened up and the whole day changed. We floated for quite a ways thru a serious downpour and some pretty good lightning and thunder. Hence my shower. The rains stopped as quickly as they came and we were right back to fishing and had high hopes of a biggun coming out to play. During the float and me not in the casting brace we bumped a log and almost sent me outta the boat and today my right leg is a little tender from the fall. Ive always been one to say if your gonna do it ya misewell do it to the fullest so not to far down the river i got a chance to redeem myself. We were coming up on a really nice cut and i was trying to get moved around when we bumped another log and next thing ya know im under water. I came up choking on river water with a soggy cig hanging from my mouth amazed at what just happened. We quickly found my rod on the bottom then the laughter began. I dont think ive heard two people laugh so much in my life! Lol. All in all it was a great day to be on the water watching all the wildlife we seen. I cant even guess as to how many 6-9in fish were caught and had three very nice fish give chase but never commited. Thanks again for the float jerrob and we look forward to throwing a line with ya again.

P.s. im glad noone stole your truck. Lol

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
When I saw the white truck with Indiana plates in the same parking lot it was suppose to launch at I kinda got suspicious. Glad you didn't drown though! That rain didn't do anything for that river and it didn't even dissuade the deer flys.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Sorry, sorry, truly sorry, I'm sorry, the trucks insured, wished it was stolen, sorry, sorry, so very sorry, sorry, LOL, GD that was funny though!

A big thanks to you and Troutgal for a fun day on the river C.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Hey jerrob,

Thought I taught you not to bump into those stumps after your wetting down trip last year. LOL

D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts