Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you duck hunters up in gods country seeing any divers yet? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
157 Posts
We got in to the divers pretty good up there on Oct. 11 and12. They were holding in small areas, but when you found 'em the shooting was great.

We left the U.P. on the 13 and that morning we saw a lot of fresh birds piling in to the areas of Munuscong and Raber. Should be some good shooting up that way this weekend.

·
Registered
157 Posts
BTW, we were layout hunting. We had a group of 28 guys up there and the guys hunting shore just weren't getting too much shooting at the divers yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haven't seen or heard much for divers as of yet. This was the fewest ducks I've ever seen this year hunting up here. I'm not sure whats going on, but I know that some of the DNR hunting areas weren't managed well at all which probably had alot to do with it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The divers arent getting real hot and heavy yet. The buffs and golds are in, but not thick yet. Have seen some bluebills also. In about a week to two weeks it will get pretty thick i think, cold weather on the way.

·
Registered
399 Posts
no ducks up here. . . stay home. just kidding.
was east (on the river) last weekend. no ducks friday - sat. sunday a.m. divers everywhere.
still waiting for the good blow from the north to get some birds down here. most of the honks have cut a trail. same story with the puddlers.
BFTrout

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, up around here its been real touch and go too...... one day theres a few around, other times theres not. Still have yet to hear of anything that great though..... stickin with the bowhunting for another weekend then out to chase the divers before rifle season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts