Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new here. I got a realy good deal on a Browning
Silver Rifled Deer Stalker. i have a good scope but my question is should. i use the new one or my old Browning Auto 5 FN old Germeny. smooth bore. Should i use the rifled or the smoothbore. Both 12 gauge. The scope i have is a Weaver Super Slam 2-10x42mm. so which one to use. Any help whould be nice

·
Registered
994 Posts
Rifled vs. Smoothbore?
I think most here would say rifled. Unless you have an emotional reason to use the smoothbore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought the smoothbore when i stared hunting i did not have a lot of money and it was cheap. i killed my first deer with it. just out genarl though why the Rifled

·
Registered
994 Posts
i bought the smoothbore when i stared hunting i did not have a lot of money and it was cheap. i killed my first deer with it. just out genarl though why the Rifled
Rifled barrels just tend to be much more accurate. Plus with a sabot, range is better too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i have a buch of slugs for my smoothbore can i shoot them in the Rifled barrel
I wouldn't shoot your old slugs that are meant for smoothbore out of your rifled barrel, I have heard it will load up the rifling in your barrel. Not a risk worth taking if you ask me. There's a reason both types of slugs are produced.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
be careful there are some rifled slugs that say smooth only....and so you know you can take both guns ...waterfoul hunting you cant have more then one ...
deer hunting doesnt have a restriction

1 - 14 of 14 Posts