Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do you guys normally shoot you trapped animals....just curious if there a right or wrong way...i usually shoot in the head...:confused: ...thanks......Mike

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
shooting the animal in the head will kill it as quick as anything. i have shot my animals in the lungs because there isnt a huge pool of blood left at my set. The animals will bleed..alot but mostly through the nose and mouth a little while later. i dont shoot them in the head for another reason...the head has shorter hair, harder to hide. with the yotes that i have skinned i keep the head in good shape..i really make sure there are no nicks and i keep the lower jaw that many throw away. you will find lots of people shoot them in the head and thats a perfectly good way to get the job done humanely

mike

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Mike is correct that there is some cleanup at the set, when dispatching a coyote with a head shot.

As far as a right or wrong way to dispatch the trapped coyote, I guess it depends on the individual trapper. I my case I still prefer to put the coyote down instanteously with a .22 into their brain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts