Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got into the goos thing this year and some of the guys I know use short reeds and boy they sound better than the flute's IMO. Anyways I bought a short reed and have been practicing but would like to know if there are any instructional CD's in stores or should I order from echo. Any imput here would be very helpfull.:help:

Mykass

·
Registered
683 Posts
Stahls is great - but get as many as you can you can pick up good stuff from all of em. Get CD's and DVD's and keep a CD in your truck great to practice with out driving the wife and neighbors crazy :)

There are quite a few local call makers that will help you as well if you buy their calls. Good luck !

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought Zinks "Canada's Gone Wild" and Mallards Gone Wild" earlier this years and wasn't happy. They wern't really instructional, they just had a guy blowing his call and then a recording of live birds. Let me know if you find something that you like.

Jeff

·
Registered
92 Posts
Definitely Shawn Stahls Honker Talk Video The Easiest To Follow And Understand.

·
Registered
565 Posts
mykass, A goose guide that I went to school with makes duck and goose calls that are pretty top notch. I use them both and they all kick arse and easy to blow. CR Wildfowl is the name of his business, his name is Carl Reams, phone # 586-615-2924.

I also think it's cool to use a call from a local guy that I know.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Practice, practice, and practice more. I practice alot especially when driving around scouting and going to and from work. If I call much more in the house I think she might file for divorce. She loves me enough to buy me a new TG Half Breed for Christmas though :).

Brian

·
Registered
622 Posts
My wife is also on the verge of disowning me. She say's that the hunting season is way too long. She was nice enough to buy me a GK Jack Miner call earlier in the season. My favorite call is probably my Foiles. Every day is different, sometimes it is my RNT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts