Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to ride my ATV on the shore to shore trail that goes roughly from Oscoda (Lake Huron shore) to Empire (Lake Michigan shore) this summer. On the internet, I have only been able to find information of the trail system that is for horsback riding. I was sure there was a trail for ATV's that ran very near the horse trail. Was I mistaken?
Has anybody rode the shore to shore? If so, I would like to ask you some questions.
Looking forward to hearing replies.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Not unless the bill passes & the counites ok it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ok here is the low down...
i rode the huron trail yesterday, took it as far east as possible..a mile or two from oscoda.
on the way back, i did see the trail sign that said "shore to shore" it was for hiking and horses only!!!!!
now, with that said....

this is not shore to shore but shore to well leota:)

start on the far east of the huron trail, go till it ends, hop on the couple of county roads that are open to atv over to bull gap trail system, from there over m-33 to the meadows trail system down to i belive ogemaw ambrose lake trail system down to st. helen follow the connector to the denton trail system and over the road to leota ending up and having to stop at the leota trail system....

it is possible...

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Now if that's possible. That sounds like it would be a REALLY fun ride. Nothing like a good old fashioned adventure!!:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
We use to ride poker runs on this trail in the early to mid 70's. It was awesome. Since then the DNR has made it a Horse/Hiker ONLY trail (they don't even allow bicycles!). Another big loss to trail riders in the state. :dizzy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts