Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I am from the metro Detroit area and my work is sending my to Saginaw for a weeks training, sep 14-19 . My hotel is right on the sag river between the holland ave bridge and court st bridge . Any advice on where to fish ? What to use ? Times ? I fish the Detroit river religious and always heard of the awesome walleye on the sag! Any advice would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks fellas and tight lines !!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
We always do well using lindy walkers or bb with crawler harnesses throw it out and let it sit. Purple and gold were go to colors for the spinners last time we were out. Recommend 3+ feet between bb/lindy rig and harness. Hold on you will catch everything from sheeps to carp to walleye and silvers and cats. Get a chart where you are trying to fish with depth, try to find a feeding flat 12-16 ft. Will catch fish most of the afternoon into the night. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey fellas, I am from the metro Detroit area and my work is sending my to Saginaw for a weeks training, sep 14-19 . My hotel is right on the sag river between the holland ave bridge and court st bridge . Any advice on where to fish ? What to use ? Times ? I fish the Detroit river religious and always heard of the awesome walleye on the sag! Any advice would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks fellas and tight lines !!!
Where are you staying? I'm from Saginaw.

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
Where are you staying? I'm from Saginaw.
I thought the only thing down there was the YMCA and a really old hotel on Court. Not sure if there are any others unless you count the "crossbar hotel" on Michigan. :Modified_:lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We always do well using lindy walkers or bb with crawler harnesses throw it out and let it sit. Purple and gold were go to colors for the spinners last time we were out. Recommend 3+ feet between bb/lindy rig and harness. Hold on you will catch everything from sheeps to carp to walleye and silvers and cats. Get a chart where you are trying to fish with depth, try to find a feeding flat 12-16 ft. Will catch fish most of the afternoon into the night. Good luck!
Wow great info, thanks alot. I just hope to catch anything, better than sitting in a hotel room. Really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heard about the safety issue in the area, hope its not too bad. I appreciate u guys looking out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts