Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was just curious on something. I've always loved going to Hillsdale County for the fair, but couldn't make it this year so I want to go out there one day before winter hits this year to do some fishing at least. I looked up Round Lake, anybody ever fish it and does it have shorefishing access? Any other lake have shore fishing access? Also, about Round Lake, I did some looking and I found some fishing reports from like 1989 via the DNR. Are there much sizes on the fish there, and does anybody have much luck fishing for the bowfin and gars like what was mentioned in the DNR findings in that time frame? The testings at that time found there to be a lot of bluegills in there. Still the case? Just wondering about that lake in particular, or if anybody knows any other lake that might be worth my while driving out there and fishing from shore. Any info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not many places to shore fish. North sand lake you could fish from shore off the road there is a deep hole just out past where you launch the boat that holds nice gills and perch. Long lake you can fish from the bridge. The 5 lakes campground rents boats that's what I would do if I was you.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not many places to shore fish. North sand lake you could fish from shore off the road there is a deep hole just out past where you launch the boat that holds nice gills and perch. Long lake you can fish from the bridge. The 5 lakes campground rents boats that's what I would do if I was you.
I'll have to check them couple spots out. I'm not a big fan of fishing in boats but I can in certain situations if the shore bite isn't there, or fishing from shore opportunity isn't there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll have to check them couple spots out. I'm not a big fan of fishing in boats but I can in certain situations if the shore bite isn't there, or fishing from shore opportunity isn't there.
Hudson lake has some good shore line fishing near beach and boat launch. Also the campground is called 6 lakes campground. It's on boot lake they are open to November 30. They also have bait. I usually buy my bait from sandlike party store they have a nice selection on bait and tackle and always eager to give hotspots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts