Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Midland and am hoping to find a good place I can do shoreline walleye fishing. I'm told not to eat fish from the Tit, so I'm not too interested in even fishing it. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
29,817 Posts
Not much this time of year. Welcome to the site. If you post that your looking for a ride and will chip in for gas and bait costs, there's many that are looking for someone to share costs and go fishing on the bay;) Tons of eyes out there right now:D

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm in Midland and am hoping to find a good place I can do shoreline walleye fishing. I'm told not to eat fish from the Tit, so I'm not too interested in even fishing it. Any ideas? Thanks!
Try across from the Tittabawasee twp park. One off the last holes on the down river side of the trail. Steep bank. Caught 7 walleye worm fishing there last July. Pain in the butt netting fish but it was a nice surprise and worth climbing down the bank and scrambling back up that steep bank.

And the hunt continues......

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Its a bit of a drive but casting off the rocks at au gres or tawas in the middle of the night have been productive for a couple of my local buddies that dont have boats. Actually i just remembered off augres old hotel which i think may be sambo rd or something like that,(its the road the campground and shell station is on corner by mc donalds) is probably a good spot. Has a real quick drop off on the point from a foot or so to about 5 to 7 feet. See alot of eyes in those rocks bowfishing night too. I bowfish at night alot and even with these temps i still see eyes in shallow as a foot of water all over michigan. Havent been on bay since june with a bow, but everytime im out there at night i see um no matter time of year. good luck

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Its a bit of a drive but casting off the rocks at au gres or tawas in the middle of the night have been productive for a couple of my local buddies that dont have boats. Actually i just remembered off augres old hotel which i think may be sambo rd or something like that,(its the road the campground and shell station is on corner by mc donalds) is probably a good spot. Has a real quick drop off on the point from a foot or so to about 5 to 7 feet. See alot of eyes in those rocks bowfishing night too. I bowfish at night alot and even with these temps i still see eyes in shallow as a foot of water all over michigan. Havent been on bay since june with a bow, but everytime im out there at night i see um no matter time of year. good luck

holy cow sambo rd.......hows a santiago sound.....casting gets really tough right now, might be able to pull a smallmouth right now....the eyes get tough in close right now.....the cats should be coming into the river right now at the break wall though. Also its not by mcdonalds, turn at the peir ( the schell station) go all the way to the end, take a left and drive to the end of the road...... now take your swimming gear out and hang out with everyone at the end of the road:lol:

·
Premium Member
29,817 Posts
As far as that goes, if your talking North and at night, I'd try the mouth of Ausable;)

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Ha ha trophy, i dont live in town and dont remembe all the road names. I can take you to most any landing pad on the bay for a airboat or walleye boat but couldnt tell you the names of the road. Just getting him in the close vicinity. Just using mikey d's as reference as where u should be turning close to for santiago rd. Is that a shell station on the corner? I thought it was. Its the one with subway. You should be able to pick a eye down by the hotel. See um every trip at dark with the gator boat, may not strike a limit, but other than the tibb or sag river where you gonna do much better right now. Ralph has got it right on the ausable if he wants to travel that far. Easy on me buddy. Feel like every time i get a street name wrong everyone jumps on me. Got jumped on last time for getting a road in tawas wrong last year. People can use maps like me and figure it out. The HOTEL should have been the real issue being its not a hotel anymore. By the way original poster checked with buds and they still pickin a fish here and there at tawas after dark by state police post if you drive that far. gl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I was afraid my best chance was to have to drive to Tawas. I can make that drive, just means I have to plan my fishing trips a little more. Was hoping to find a spot within 30 mins.

Does anyone eat fish out of the Tit? Most everyone I talk to in Midland says no because pollution from Dow; but I see people swimming and fishing it all the time.

·
Registered
25,415 Posts
I For sure would not this time of year. Walleye in the winter and spring. Ok. They only run up in there for a short term. Anything now are resident fish. Hit some spot's above Sanford dam. That river system has some good fishing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If your just looking to catch some fish the tibb is hot hot hot right now for smallies I know you can't eat them but they put up one hell of a fight. Try at the end of Salzburg hit me up in a pm. If your looking for someone to fish with. Kurt

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts