Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love some information on some spots to fish from the shore for some bass or maybe larger blue gills and other pan fish. Would love to catch something other than small bluegill. I'm having my family take my little sister and I so that I can teach my little sister to fish. All she has been catching has been blue gill that range from from 1-3 inches. Would love to turn the difficulty up a notch to a bass or something so she doesn't get bored from fishing.

Also, what lure/live bait do you all use?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7 Posts
You could try any of the lakes in the Yankee Springs Recreation area. Gun Lake has a fishing dock on the east side of campground channel. You will have to do some sorting but there is a little of everything in there. If you go to the end of the State Park at Gun Lake you can wade out to the Island and fish out there for bass. Wacky hooked senko works well almost everywhere. You can also Fish Hall lake in Yankee Springs or Big Lake, east of Allegan.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Don't think you'll get panfish but there are plenty of bass in the river. The Kalamazoo River Valley Trail from Comstock to Michigan Ave is a good area and you can pick it up again near Riverview and Mosel. Very shallow running cranks, #2 or 3 spinners. Good luck.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
2x on the Kalamazoo River. Find a rocky section to wade and you should have no problem catching bass. There are sections smaller tributaries that can also be great. Summer was made for wet wading the rivers. Just remember to walk and cast upstream.

The lakes at Fort Custer, especially Eagle Lake have lots of gills, big largemouths, and carp. The problem is there is so much fishing pressure that at least the bass don't bite very well. However, there are tons of spots for shorefishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.