Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
you must be registered by friday night the 28th and it starts on the 29th through febuary 12th good luck, but as most would say you are wasting your money i am gonna win it this year. lol.... just kidding good luck to all the fishermen who entered this year.....

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Thanks good luck to you.I have a slim chance I can only fish weekends so I will get 4 days to win it and I only fish the river so odds are not in my favor lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
29,763 Posts
anyone know if there is a on-line registration this year?
Don't know if you'll get your free lure. Giving away no.1 do-jigger in gold with orange lightning bolt. Nice lure. Got mine a few days ago, and they said thats the only color they got at old town.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks good luck to you.I have a slim chance I can only fish weekends so I will get 4 days to win it and I only fish the river so odds are not in my favor lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

it only takes one day, or one jigto land that monster. so you never know it could happen on the first day. i also only fish river and i have caught my fare share of hogs, out there. so good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Anyone fishing the river has a very good chance of winning. I've caught some big girls in the river. The fish in my avatar came from the river 15.5 pounds.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Shiver on the river....ah yes...love this contest, brings out the ice fisherman in everyone . I might enter , I will be on the river for sure on the weekend one day to watch the circus for sure. I have been ice fishing for only 6 years a short time compared to most , but i have seen some funny sheeet when its shiver on the river time . I would have to say the best was about 3 or 4 years ago. Im on the river by vets jigging away with the other 100 or so fellas down there . I notice a couple dudes looking at the rampp at vets , I turn around and theres a guy walking out , with a small aluminum boat in tow with a dog sitting in the boat . Sure enough he drags the boat to channel to where I'm at about 10 yards away from me now . Guy was friendly ,he comes over and asked me how the ice is ? I said its about 11 inches thick . he walk over to his boat pulls out 300 yards of rope and ties it to the boat . puts on a life jacket, lets his german shepard { a nice dog by the way } run up and down the river getting into everyones buisness and him yelling the dogs name over and over ,then he drills two holes and pulls out two 6 ft rods and stands in his boat and starts jigging away . I looked at him he says too " saftey first buddy ".

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Don't know if you'll get your free lure. Giving away no.1 do-jigger in gold with orange lightning bolt. Nice lure. Got mine a few days ago, and they said thats the only color they got at old town.
Signed up at Frank's yesterday and they had an assortment of 6 Do-Jiggers to pick from as your free lure. All were No. 3's.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
435 Posts
Shiver on the river....ah yes...love this contest, brings out the ice fisherman in everyone . I might enter , I will be on the river for sure on the weekend one day to watch the circus for sure. I have been ice fishing for only 6 years a short time compared to most , but i have seen some funny sheeet when its shiver on the river time . I would have to say the best was about 3 or 4 years ago. Im on the river by vets jigging away with the other 100 or so fellas down there . I notice a couple dudes looking at the rampp at vets , I turn around and theres a guy walking out , with a small aluminum boat in tow with a dog sitting in the boat . Sure enough he drags the boat to channel to where I'm at about 10 yards away from me now . Guy was friendly ,he comes over and asked me how the ice is ? I said its about 11 inches thick . he walk over to his boat pulls out 300 yards of rope and ties it to the boat . puts on a life jacket, lets his german shepard { a nice dog by the way } run up and down the river getting into everyones buisness and him yelling the dogs name over and over ,then he drills two holes and pulls out two 6 ft rods and stands in his boat and starts jigging away . I looked at him he says too " saftey first buddy ".

that is just to funny, i needed a good laugh!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is my first year fishing the shiver and when I signed up at Franks the girl at the customer service desk didn't say anything about a lure being included. She didn't say anything to the guy that signed up next to me either. Guess we both got screwed!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Last year on the first day of the shiver, we stopped at a crack, another snowmobile came up and asked if he could fallow us out (white out and it was in the dark). they sat right next to us and in about an hour they were hootin and hollarin. right away we knew. went over there and they had a nice #9 and a bunch of change walter. Needless to say we were pretty jealous... but now i just look back and laugh

1 - 20 of 24 Posts