4th $400 14th $90
5th $375 15th $80
6th $275 16th $70
7th $250 17th $60
8th $225 18th $50
9th $200 19th $40
10th $175 20th $30

21st-25th - $25 each

A $30 prize package awarded to: 30th, 35th, 40th, 45th and 50th places.

Plus, 15th - 25th place also will receive a $30 merchandise prize package. Merchandise prize packages compliments of Gander Mountain. The first place winner's walleye will be mounted by Captured Memories Taxidermy. All prizes will be awarded.

Each registered angler receives a FREE Northland Buck-Shot Rattle Spoon (value $3.79).

All fish will be judged by weight at Gander Mountain, 2270 Tittabawassee. Weigh-in hours: Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sundays 10 a.m.-6 p.m. All fish must be weighed before 8 p.m. on February 7. The heaviest fish determines the winner. All walleye must be caught in the Saginaw Bay and its tributaries following Michigan fishing rules and regulations. A complete set of contest rules and regulations will be given with each paid $10 entry.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Cool. Need to go over to Gander Mountain anyways.

faultibalti; I'm pretty sure that you sign up at just about any Sportiing good store in the Saginaw (or tri-city) area, :confused:

·
Banned
1,819 Posts
Now is it just me or does something just not add up? tey raised the entry to 10 , the prize payout is 5000, there will be probably at least 3000 entries. That adds up to 30,000 Now advertising ,and organizing fee's I would gues would cost no more than 5000. That is just a guess. But that would still leave 20,000 . What are thay doing with that? My point is for how much money is being made on this contaes the payout could be better. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the payout for first last year was like 700. Something smells fishy , or maybe thats just saginaw again.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Chuck I see what your thinking. I personally don't have a problem even if it is a profit making venture. What you have to remember is they take the risk though. Once they announce what each place payout is they are locked into it. What if only 1500 people enter? They still have the fixed cost of payouts, advertising, the dinner and the cost of printing the forms.

You forgot the buckshot lure to. They say the cost is $3.79, figure that into your total of 3000 entries. I am sure they don't cost the sponsors the $3.79. even if they were $2.00 each that would be $6000 more grand. They even get them for free for the advertising. Still not to bad though. IU would have bought a few more of them anyway so I get a free lure to boot.

To me this is the only trouney I ever enter. The $10 is less then it cost me and my wife to go to the show.

Bob

·
Banned
1,819 Posts
It is not a bad contest. I just think that the payout should be based on entries. A small profit is fine. but a little more equality would be good. I am sure they are not paying full price on the lures. Most salmon tourneys, and walleye ,bass tourneys are no different, in that the payout is structured on entries. Also they should be upfront on the money trail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.