Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Went out of bolles Sat. Started in 18 fow just outside the dumping-grounds. Slow 2 fish in 45mins. Moved south then out deep. Still slow. Could not find shinners. We ended up drifting near 1 and 2, found fish just before the rain hit. We ended with 13 fish 7 - 12in the rest 9 - 10in.
Do Shinners make all the diff?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will call around and make sure shinners are avaliabe next time out. I dont know if it was a coincidence or not, but the fish were bigger than normal.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Thanks, I will call around and make sure shinners are avaliabe next time out. I dont know if it was a coincidence or not, but the fish were bigger than normal.
Sounds very similer to my outing several weeks ago, with no emeralds. I believe, just as in ice fishing, the largest aggressive fish hit your bait as soon as it hits bottom., in a new area. Then if it is not what they want , off they go.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I went to simco last oct and we used shrimp dose those work down their ?we used shiners also but caught me fish on shrimp .

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
Went out at mid river today and seen a sign at ecorse ramp saying they have shiners.... I know it's not by bolles but figured if throw it out there

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I went to simco last oct and we used shrimp dose those work down their ?we used shiners also but caught me fish on shrimp .
Shrimp worked well in Wheatley a couple years ago.
Strips of perch belly and crawlers work better than those rosies and mud minnows imo.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
When dose the perch Fishing really get going in Erie ? Never fished perch down their need to get the kids into some good perch action?

·
Registered
899 Posts
ecourse ramp has nice shinners mix of big and small, thats where i have been getting mine:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have only been fishing lake Erie for 5 or 6 years now. All my friends and family talk about how much fun they had going out perch fishing. I ask a lot of questions bait store, at the dock, online ect. One thing I don’t do, is stay in one place if I’m not getting fish. Brest bay the point to the dumping ground has always been fun. Take a kid fishing, the smiles are gratifying. Good luck

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have only been fishing lake Erie for 5 or 6 years now. All my friends and family talk about how much fun they had going out perch fishing. I ask a lot of questions bait store, at the dock, online ect. One thing I don’t do, is stay in one place if I’m not getting fish. Brest bay the point to the dumping ground has always been fun. Take a kid fishing, the smiles are gratifying. Good luck
I have fished eyes down in eire.so is oct the best time to go or nov? What water temps are best?

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
I have fished eyes down in eire.so is oct the best time to go or nov? What water temps are best?
The later in yr the best! That is if your going for size, the fish will get bigger as water temps drop and they migrate back over to our side of Erie. Right up until ice up, oct is a great time for shallow water night casting. But nov and dec the guys that are trolling will pull in some hogs

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
What do you use to night cast for them fuzzy jigs?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts