Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have these yet, Looking for feedback. The only issue I could see would be the moving step part maybe wearing out. I'm thinking these would be awsome.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm confused how the step locks in place and keeps from spinning? Is it just that little knob that finger tightens? I doubt that would hold my weight if I were to step on the side that swivels down. Maybe I am missing something.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Puts hands on a set this weekend.

Initial thoughts...

Pack ridiculously well. Very light. I think 24oz without straps?

Rotating steps work well, but unless you turn the stand offs as you tighten down the knob on the steps then the stand offs can rotate quite freely and there can be a little bit of play between the step and the stick.

We set them all with daisy chain webbing. They set pretty tight to the tree unless one of the stand offs was rotated weird.

We also seemed to see some bending and flexing of all components when standing on them. I’m 235lbs so they might not hold up to a much larger person.

Fit and finish was generally very good. Stand offs had fairly sharp teeth. Step size was fine for me and I have 12.5-13 sized boats. Length from step to step was a tad shorter at I think 18”?

However... quite expensive. They’re $100 a stick. Don’t see myself replacing my DIY Eastern Woods Outdoors sticks with these yet unless price came down a little. I suspect at that price they’re not going to move as fast as he’d like and you’ll start seeing sales rather quickly on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Puts hands on a set this weekend.

Initial thoughts...

Pack ridiculously well. Very light. I think 24oz without straps?

Rotating steps work well, but unless you turn the stand offs as you tighten down the knob on the steps then the stand offs can rotate quite freely and there can be a little bit of play between the step and the stick.

We set them all with daisy chain webbing. They set pretty tight to the tree unless one of the stand offs was rotated weird.

We also seemed to see some bending and flexing of all components when standing on them. I’m 235lbs so they might not hold up to a much larger person.

Fit and finish was generally very good. Stand offs had fairly sharp teeth. Step size was fine for me and I have 12.5-13 sized boats. Length from step to step was a tad shorter at I think 18”?

However... quite expensive. They’re $100 a stick. Don’t see myself replacing my DIY Eastern Woods Outdoors sticks with these yet unless price came down a little. I suspect at that price they’re not going to move as fast as he’d like and you’ll start seeing sales rather quickly on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the review. I knew they were pricey, $ 400 just to climb a tree is nuts lol.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder how that spring loaded knob will hold up in winter weather? Looks like a very nice stick.
It is notched out so the step locks into the main body of the stick. The guy who makes them said if you feel that they are not safe then take out the knob thingy and just run a grade 8 bolt threw them and make the steps "fixed" instead of adjustable.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts