Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I had our guest hunt Tuesday afternoon, and we had a great time. Even though we drew 17th out of 19 we managed to get into a decent spot and get a couple of birds. This was a great opportunity to see how everything works, tour the area, and meet some cool people. At this point I feel like I could go back and hunt by myself and have a much better experience than if I tried to learn the area on my own. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who put this program together.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
That's what we like to see...smiles on the faces of a youngster!!! And it hopefully will make you try Shiawassee, or one of the other managed areas again. That's a big reason the program was started.

Outstanding!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Way to go. My wife and I went to Shiawassee Wednesday afternoon for the first time in about 4 years. Got drawn 4th and got a good spot. We managed to get 2 mallards and a teal but we couldn't catch up to any woodducks. Man are they fast. Steve

·
Premium Member
7,045 Posts
Well done guys!!

Looks like a great program that was put together by hunters for hunters. Seriously cool.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can second this same experience. I had the opportunity to go out Saturday morning with Phil Karow. There were a lot of parties, and we drew late, but it was a great way to learn the procedures and get a first hand look at the place. My shooting was less then perfect, but we saw a good number of birds.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
903 Posts
I was a guest of JD the other day and it was not a pleasant experience watching all the birds suck into 3 & 5. :mischeif:

:lol::lol:

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
who was your guide?

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
ha ha...you know who it was. And Phil, it was #4 & #5 you moron :lol:

SK..you can thank our association treasurer, who shall remain nameless, who was on a guest hunt with a guy. I hunted the day before, and had the intel, so I gave him the "X" with the "guest" and they slaughtered them. I had a ball watching him show the newbie the game. Unfortunately for Phil, we had to watch it all :evilsmile

·
Registered
903 Posts
ha ha...you know who it was. And Phil, it was #4 & #5 you moron :lol:

SK..you can thank our association treasurer, who shall remain nameless, who was on a guest hunt with a guy. I hunted the day before, and had the intel, so I gave him the "X" with the "guest" and they slaughtered them. I had a ball watching him show the newbie the game. Unfortunately for Phil, we had to watch it all :evilsmile
What? 5 always follows 3! :lol:

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
who was your guide?

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
And I should clarify for everyone that Phil was not on a true "guest hunt" with me. he's hunted the flats before. No what he was doing would more appropriately be called a "sponge hunt" :evilsmile Then again, I sponge a lot of hunts off of him too. :lol:

But truely, we did have fun. And he got to see first hand how AWESOME those Lewis winch saw rigs are that Shi Kid and his dad build. Friggin' incredible what those things can do. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts