Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been in there this year, or had any success.Never been there before and didn't get a chance to scout in September.Thanks

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
might want to get some posts under your belt on this site before you go asking for people to give their hard earned scouting info away. Being you only have 2 posts, I highly doubt you would share your scouting with us? can't really know without seeing some post history.

also might help if you fill out your profile. I read everyones profile before i decide to help them or not.

and yes, plenty of deer as usual, nothing really changed in last 10-15 years or so....will see alot of doe's and maybe an occasional buck. In all honesty, the flats is no different than hunting marion springs or any other mid-michigan state land. I see more deer on state land outside the flats...but the flats just has this reputation as "monster deer" when in all reality only about 1 or 2 big bucks get taken there a year. The federal side is whole nother story.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Federal side ,I don't expect anyone to give up thier " tater spot " if there is such a place, but maybe some ideas or places not to go Thanks for any info

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
federal side: just step into the woods. :lol:

If it were me i would use a boat for access, immediately puts you into the back sides of the whole area without walking. And it makes for easy removal of harvested deer. use cass river launch or center rd. launch.

edit: here's my best tip, find cattails and deer runs into/out of them and you got a great hunting spot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kid, Is there a better road to find cattails on then another,a friend of mine told me to check out the junk yard on 13.Do you have any thoughts on this area? Thanks

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
Clearcut said:
Thanks Kid, Is there a better road to find cattails on then another,a friend of mine told me to check out the junk yard on 13.Do you have any thoughts on this area? Thanks
its ok. better places to be had tho....biggest tip i can give you is don't get in a rut of trying to figure out one little spot....this late in year, move around and use your time wisely. You'll know when your in the right spot, you'll see big deer when you hit it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts