Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an article in the new Field and Stream issue of a shed Hunter. I know a lot of members subscribed for the free issue, and you just have to see this guys collection. Man this guy must be dedicated and unemployed to find that many sheds. It on page 19 and unbelivable. He has 13,750 antlers, just thinks what they are worth. BAYDOG

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by redwinger00
I have the mag. at work with me now and just looked at the picture. WOW! Awesome picture.
yeah I saw it too, no wonder I can't find any, people like that find them all! lol ;)

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Just a little reminder, there is NO way he found ALL of those sheds, but he is in an area that produces ELK, MULE DEER, and WHITETAIL. That is going to be a lot of sheds in a given year with good herds.

He would have to find 344 sheds EVERY year for 40 years to get that many, BUT that sure is one INCREDIBLE display of antlers and I am sure is sight I would love to see.

That is a collector of all collectors!!

Very Cool.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I was out in Wyoming a number of years ago and they find them out there by the hundreds literally. The deer and elk migrate to the lower elevations and the people are kept out of there until after the animals can reutrn so that they are not stressed. Then the people can venture in the area and find sheds by the pick up bed full.

Some peole had arches over their driveways with sheds, amazing!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'd say a couple hundred of them are attached to skulls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts