Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

sharing a tip for dike pullovers

2018 Views 23 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Shiawassee_Kid
my son witnessed some guys using this on the dike pullover at harsens
he bought one, maybe the best 'find' we have had in recent times
especially for us old guys hunting alone
I won't be choosing a 'lesser zone' to avoid pulling a dike by myself anymore :)

thought this might help my fellow Michigan duck hunters

Anbull Drill Winch/Hoist Portable... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097QXG74D?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
there are other brands, similar chain length, but this one was cheapest Automotive lighting Digital camera Camera Camera accessory Motor vehicle

it is the drill speed that is most important, not capacity, unless you have a really heavy boat
ours is a wide 14' on the heavy side

no permanent mounting of heavy winches and batteries adding to the weight of the boat

maybe not as fast as 4 guys in their 20s, but no slipping/sliding, little chance of injury or chiropractor visits - haha

just make sure you use the most powerful electric drill you have, set on the top speed

enjoy!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Ingenious!! Lot cheaper than Lewis winch. Thanks for the tip Don!
That would also be nice to move smaller logs out the way.
Added one to my amazon cart! That is a cool tool.
Does it drain the drill battery pretty quickly? Would you be able to pull over 2 ***** and back on one battery? If so this thing seems great…
my son witnessed some guys using this on the dike pullover at harsens
he bought one, maybe the best 'find' we have had in recent times
especially for us old guys hunting alone
I won't be choosing a 'lesser zone' to avoid pulling a dike by myself anymore :)

thought this might help my fellow Michigan duck hunters

Anbull Drill Winch/Hoist Portable... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097QXG74D?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
there are other brands, similar chain length, but this one was cheapest View attachment 879255
it is the drill speed that is most important, not capacity, unless you have a really heavy boat
ours is a wide 14' on the heavy side

no permanent mounting of heavy winches and batteries adding to the weight of the boat

maybe not as fast as 4 guys in their 20s, but no slipping/sliding, little chance of injury or chiropractor visits - haha

just make sure you use the most powerful electric drill you have, set on the top speed

enjoy!
I am Hoping that a Rigid high torque (hammer drill) with a 6ah battery will get me through. But a second battery in a dry ziplock won't be too heavy.
Reactions: cruiseplanner1
I noticed no drain on the battery
I don't think we charged it before 2nd use
my guess is one battery would last a whole week, but don't hold me to that
all you need to do is carry a 2nd battery, they are small

next year I will see how many pulls one battery will do and report
Does it drain the drill battery pretty quickly? Would you be able to pull over 2 * and back on one battery? If so this thing seems great…
Got a link?
Added one to my amazon cart! That is a cool tool.
Awe geez I'm blind thanks.
Do you guys have a battery in your boat you could use a 12 volt winch on the boat? They are cheaper and have more power 🤷🏻‍♂️
Reactions: Fishindeer
That looks like a lumbar-saver!
If you have a 12 battery in the duck boat for lights or electric start, I bet you could cobble a 12v drill to run off of that.
Reactions: Divers Down
Oh come on nothing says daylight in the field like the whining of chainsaws or the whining of guys who can’t get them start…
They work very well for raising ladderstands if by yourself as well as the heavier, harder to manage fixed position stands.
I have also used mine to pull a non-running riding mower onto a ramped trailer and pulling a pretty heavy wooden deer blind onto the same trailer when by myself, the possibilities are endless for this older individual who tends to do things by themselves when help is often not available.
Might work at smaller areas
I have a 12v portable winch that I've used at times to drag haul cars onto trailers. I tried it on my old heavy 14' jon just to see if it would drag it on dry land. Had no problem dragging it. But was painfully slow. It's bulky and awkward. Plus I would have to have a 12v battery.

And did I mention it is painfully slow?

I want to see the speed on one of these in comparison to that.
Awe geez I'm blind thanks.
Do you guys have a battery in your boat you could use a 12 volt winch on the boat? They are cheaper and have more power 🤷🏻‍♂️
Reactions: Bucman
I wouldn't want to be behind him during daylight savings time change!😆
I have a 12v portable winch that I've used at times to drag haul cars onto trailers. I tried it on my old heavy 14' jon just to see if it would drag it on dry land. Had no problem dragging it. But was painfully slow. It's bulky and awkward. Plus I would have to have a 12v battery.

And did I mention it is painfully slow?

I want to see the speed on one of these in comparison to that.
Reactions: JFishy
c
Ingenious!! Lot cheaper than Lewis winch. Thanks for the tip Don!
i'm prettty sure these won't be replacing a lewis. :unsure:
Reactions: JFishy
Because too slow or wont perform?
c

i'm prettty sure these won't be replacing a lewis. :unsure:
too slow... 3 feet per minute.. pulling dikes at Shi would take 15 minutes.. f-that.
Because too slow or wont perform?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts