Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading over to the warehouse to bring my shanty home. Thought perhaps some of us could share our tips on how we make our shanties comfy, efficient fish catching devices. Things like how you compact equipment, best heaters, hangers for extra equipment, rod placement, lighting. The little things that make sitting in them for hours on end fun.

For instance on my one man clam shell, I have stitched sleeves into the flap that lays on the ice into which I place window weights. These keep that flap flush to the ice and hardly any wind or cold comes in. Another thing I have done is to stitch in some D-rings along the insided seams and from these certain things can be suspended. One in particular is a pair of small leatherman-like pliers on a retractable line. When needed they are at the ready and I am not fishing over the shanty in the dark looking for them. I also will hang some green glow sticks which for some reason tend to attrach fish after dark.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Nice idea on the D-rings . Glow sticks, eh. Gotta remember that one. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also use glow sticks...fish are attracted to light. People use to hang lanterns off the back of a boat for spearing at night, in a few minutes chances are you will see some fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts