Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to get a new shanty that i can take the whole family(4) out in or just me and another person if needed. need some advice on which to look at and some features to accomodate my needs. thanks in advance

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
You have a tough task in front of you indeed. Couple of things you gotta figure out first,, how are you gonna haul it on the ice? Machine or by hand? You also gotta make sure it fits in your vehicle. Those big Otters won't fit in a lot of trucks.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
the bigger the shanty the more weight to pull out. You might be better getting two 3 man shanties and hooking them together.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Ed Michrina said:
the bigger the shanty the more weight to pull out. You might be better getting two 3 man shanties and hooking them together.

Best idea.

Before I bought my Big 4 man Otterskin shanty, I bought an additional Big Shapell to go along with the one I had. If I had 4 people, I'd simply put them up, door to door. Using a piece of poly tarp sealed the space between the two doors and one heater warmed both shanties. Then if I simply needed a shelter for 2 people, just one of the shanties were used. Both are built for pulling by hand if needed, and pull pretty easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts