Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished spring newsletter.

SFCHA newsletter #79

There is some field by field stats in there for all you internet warriors..so check it out.

Annual meeting next saturday at St. Charles field office - April 21st - 9am sharp. Usually follows with some sort of work party or drive through of the area to survey issues or progress. All is welcome, member and public.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Some great stats this year.

Just goes to show you the managed waterfowl areas are SUCH a great band for the buck. It costs very little to hunt a very good area. If we lived in Texas, ILL. or some other states it would litterly cost tens of thousands of dollars to hunt a area equal to the managed hunting area's we have in Michigan.

Kev

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have to admit, i felt guilty this year going out to north dakota....most of the production here came from that week of season. But it was remarkable year any way you look at it. Harsens I think had a banner year as well, never seen stats from fish point, but I imagine it was good also.

·
Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
tanxs for the report... I will try to leave my comfort zone one day and try it over by you... I do not think FP did any good... I am thinking of focusing more on Harsens this yr...

·
Registered
13,974 Posts
Shiawassee_Kid said:
just finished spring newsletter.

SFCHA newsletter #79

There is some field by field stats in there for all you internet warriors..so check it out.

Annual meeting next saturday at St. Charles field office - April 21st - 9am sharp. Usually follows with some sort of work party or drive through of the area to survey issues or progress. All is welcome, member and public.

Great Job Dan!

And @#!$%& why does your annual meeting at SF have to be next Saturday!!! We're headed to Indiana that day to pick up the new pup (which by the way ain't a lab :hide:...you guessed it, another setter :evilsmile ). I really wanted to get to that one this year, but once again, life gets in the way :mad:

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sean said:
Whats up with the lack of participation compared to actual number of permits given? Was it lack of fields to hunt, or was it just people didn't show up with permit?
well if your referring to opening weekend permits, traditionally the second day on opening weekend is a bust.....but this year it was unreal. I was fortunate to be able to hunt opening morning and second morning ....second morning was way better than in past 5-6 years. Think alot of people get it but don't have the "nothing will keep me from using this permit" mentality like opening day. Also, all empty slots were filled by the afterdraw. Usually tons of bystanders on opening weekend.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Glad to help with the numbers this year. Can't make it Saturday, Carter will be 6. Although, If I ask him if he wants to go to the flats on his birthday, he will definately say yes. He still has 3 observer permits in his wallet from some of his last season Shiawassee hunts.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I tip my hat to "Water Hazard" his son who will turn 6 was hunting the flats with him last year! Keep it up! Today we need all the fathers to introduce their kids to hunting at an early age. Don't wait until the kids are easy to handle! Follow "Water Hazard's" lead TAKE YOUR KID HUNTIG! What the world needs is more Dad's like you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.