Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some insight on putting a auto pilot on my Sportcraft 252 main motor ? Also I’m looking to put a gas kicker on and how do you have a kicker set up on boat. I plan to put I troll on that once installed Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
My buddy had same boat he used the simrad ap24. It worked ok but was very touch at low speed and in wind. As for kicker I would go with a garmin auto pilot

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response
I'm still trying to figure best set up with out breaking the bank while still being a good set up.
I'm also putting on new electronics and thinking neither sim rad or Garmin. Also thinking hull through transducer.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Do you want to have an auto pilot on the kicker? On my Grady I have a Panther T4 and a wireless remote. I just use that to control the kicker. i never really saw the need to an AP on the kicker with that setup and its a lot cheaper than a AP on the kicker

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great idea on kicker. I’m going to do both I have a 9.9 I’m good run off my swim platform
also I’m going to have a auto pilot like the ap for main motor for touring and real rough days.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Auto pilot is something I would never do without. Real nice to set course set lines fight fish and not have any problems. Just keep an eye out front and your good. I have simrad on salmon set up and use my bow mount for auto pilot on walleye set up. Love both.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve been looking at the simrad ap and get the g09 xse. Then get the radar later. The kicker I’m going to run what was suggested which is the t4 with troll master.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts