Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

My buddy and I are heading up next weekend to get some ice fishing in. Not targeting anything specific. Just looking to catch some eaters. We have not ice fished this area yet and wondering if anyone could point us to a couple lakes and what what species we should fish for in that lake. Thank you all in advance for all your info and help.

·
Premium Member
13,455 Posts
Good morning everyone,

My buddy and I are heading up next weekend to get some ice fishing in. Not targeting anything specific. Just looking to catch some eaters. We have not ice fished this area yet and wondering if anyone could point us to a couple lakes and what what species we should fish for in that lake. Thank you all in advance for all your info and help.
Good luck.
Hope we hear a good report.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone so far for the help. I will definitely report my findings. I’ve got a couple more lakes to try just north of Seney to try too. How are the conditions looking? Ice thick enough for a sled yet or should I prepare myself for a bunch of walking?

·
Premium Member
13,455 Posts
Thank you everyone so far for the help. I will definitely report my findings. I’ve got a couple more lakes to try just north of Seney to try too. How are the conditions looking? Ice thick enough for a sled yet or should I prepare myself for a bunch of walking?
I live about 45 minutes directly west of Seney area and there is good ice on the local lakes.
The 10 day forecast looks good for maintaining good temperatures.
Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ll start by saying if you go north of Seney you will need a sled to get to any of the lakes, almost 2’ of snow or more in spots. We fished Twin Lakes pretty hard and didn’t get a single bite, marked fish but no hookups. Ice was scketchy on top but had a solid 4” under the top layer. The ride in to Nawakwa was to far for how late in the day it was Saturday but went and checked ice conditions, again too layer was nasty but had a good base of 4-5” where we checked. (West side off a snowmobile trail)

After the hard work and no fish Saturday we decided to just fish S Manistique on the North side. Got a couple small perch but that was it. Drove back towards home and decided to fish my home lake, Lake Mitchell Sunday evening and got 2 pike, a large mouth, and a few crappie.

Any tips on what lakes I should try and hit next time I’m up that way please let me know. I love it up there and want to make another trip or 2 up this year. Thank you in advance sportsmen

·
Registered
831 Posts
I wouldn’t be opposed if later in the winter u would wanna try breevort lake. Heard from my dad it use to be a good walleye lake. I myself have never fished it. It’s just across the bridge. Anyone else have any insight on breevort lake?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts