Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
Full Senate had to pads it, then to the "Witch". Then, if she signs it, maybe to the courts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
As amended, apparently baiting is OK for CWD areas but not in any TB area. Makes zero sense whatsoever.
I think they would have to do it that way based on the testimony they used as a basis for the bill. All the testimony that i saw, and i may have missed some, was about baiting not signficantly increasing risk for cwd. If that is the basis, they can hardly ban it for the disease it doesnt significantly increase the risk of.

For the record, i dont like the bill or the legislature over ruling the DNR biologists.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
20,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When you go into something like this you do so with no restrictions. Then each time you hit a road block, you trade something for the votes to move forward.

The ideal is that when its over you end up with what you actually wanted to begin with.

Fortunately it has been pretty quick and smooth sailing. So our side is looking good in that respect. The good trades such as the increase to 5 gal. Added to the bank, that could be reduced back to 2 gal as a concession.

That's how politics work.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
When you go into something like this you do so with no restrictions. Then each time you hit a road block, you trade something for the votes to move forward.

The ideal is that when its over you end up with what you actually wanted to begin with.

Fortunately it has been pretty quick and smooth sailing. So our side is looking good in that respect. The good trades such as the increase to 5 gal. Added to the bank, that could be reduced back to 2 gal as a concession.

That's how politics work.

It's funny how you complain about special interest groups pushing their agenda, yet you belong to one yourself and are doing the same. :dizzy:

·
Registered
20,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
and one that is forced to be created to combat your group.

I get the irony. That group is called DNR Watchdog, hell of a kickoff party isnt it.

The game HAS changed. And it is not going away. In fact it just started. Its 2 months in.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts