Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to this site-Fished everywhereon wed.went all the way to the barracks,no good at all-will be heading there thur.afternoon as well as friday afternoon.Around 3:00 till ?.Been fishing this area for years.Great to see a web site for ice fishing.Anyway I always have been fishing alone,would welcome a fellow ice fisherman,I move ALOT....It should be getting close to hog time with a good warm rain...First time this year i caught about a dozen 2-4"fingerling perch..Whats up with that .this past week has been slow for me

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
MWP; Can't go ths week. hope you get into them and maybe I can go next week. Are you walking or riding?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
MWP....welcome!

i also fish that area in front of the Barracks, and had been doing very well out there....been out 10 times since Jan 10 and kept 40+, four times and 20+ four times

went out there this Tuesday, and they were gone...i moved around about 10 times and only caught 4 out of a total of 6 keepers seen....saw schools of 2" perch though, the first time ive ever seen that out there

cant figure out what happened...high pressure?

might have to wait till we get closer to last ice (last ice is awesome over there!)

good luck

koby

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slowpoke,went out on thursday afternoon,I must have drilled 20 holes and ended up with about 15 keepers,There just not in thick yet...Iam always out there at about 3:00 on..

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Koby,Is that the closest area to get to the barracks from selfridge,because i dont have a machine and thats a long walk..anyway i also do well on gills over there..Ill be out there on friday afternoonas well as all day sunday if your interested..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts