Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to stay warm all morning as I drilled over 50 holes looking for a concentrated school. Well, it didn't happen...Ended up with only 12 keepers between 8-9" and one almost 12". Got everything less than 250 yds from shore in less than 4 ft. of water. They only bit wigglers. I did make 8-10 holes out deeper and never saw a fish. I was fishing to the right of the access towards the barracks. I talked to a few guys that were getting a few fish straight out and slightly to the left; and they said they seeing alot of jumbos that wouldn't bite. I did not know how far out they were. I think a different spot is in order for Wednesday...:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Conner:
I was one of the guys out to the left past the pressure crack in about 6fow. There were nice fish out there, and they hit good, but right before day break. After the sun came up they shut right down, and only dinks came in. Try out to the left and see how ya do, right at the crack is good to, there's some weeds there and I did good there the week before in the evening, bit was frantic right at dark. minnows and wax worms (the finicky ones seem to go for the wax worms when they are shy of minnows.. just my observation)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a wiggler man tried and true...But I usually put a minnow down on the other rod...Thanx for the info, I'll have to try out there!!!:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts