Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So within the next year or so Im going to purchase a new boat, so Im just in the process of looking around and trying to determine what I want. Recently Ive been looking at Polarkraft specifically the Outlander 186cc paired with a Suzuki 115ss. I know a couple guys here have had the 2010cc but I feel that's a little more than what I want. Has any one been on the 18ft version? thoughts? Any problems people have had with Polarkraft in general also are appreciated.
2nd the Suzuki motor, anybody run one on here. Currently our Crestliner has an older Johnson which I am told was produced by Suzuzki and has been an excellent motor. Just wondering how the newer versions are.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
TC

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
So within the next year or so Im going to purchase a new boat, so Im just in the process of looking around and trying to determine what I want. Recently Ive been looking at Polarkraft specifically the Outlander 186cc paired with a Suzuki 115ss. I know a couple guys here have had the 2010cc but I feel that's a little more than what I want. Has any one been on the 18ft version? thoughts? Any problems people have had with Polarkraft in general also are appreciated.
2nd the Suzuki motor, anybody run one on here. Currently our Crestliner has an older Johnson which I am told was produced by Suzuzki and has been an excellent motor. Just wondering how the newer versions are.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
TC
Suzuki makes good motors, and yes they did build all the four stroke Johnsons. They don’t have a big dealer presence anywhere inland from the ocean here in the United States, otherwise I think you’d see a lot more of them.

I think EZ Hoops guides out of the 20 footer, so you could ask him how the boat has been holding up.

I like the layout of those boats, but the last time I was in one at a boat show, the deck flexed a lot more than most boats, to the point that it felt like they were using thinner plywood than others. Pay attention to that when you look at one. I’m a big ol’ boy, so I’m going to notice it more than 95% of the rest of you thin guys.

The one thing I don’t like about the center console layout is it’s easy to run out of places for people to sit safety/comfortablely while running at speed. If you are going to want to be able to fit five people on the boat, figure out a seating plan before you pull the trigger, which might include adding another seat base or two. The 20 footer will give you more room to do this than the 18 footer.

I gave the 20 footer/150 hp engine combination a serious look a year ago, but ultimately decided for the asking price there were better options out there for me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I fish out of the 18 foot version cc with a 115 evinrude etec, and absolutely love it. It's one hell of a fishing boat. I fished 5 out of it yesterday on the detroit river and had no trouble. Could have fished 6. I usually stand when I drive it. I came from a 16 ft smoker craft. I love all the xtra storage. The boat is straight forward and well built. Very sea worthy and balanced and it planes out quickly and is solid in the water in heavier seas. It fits in my garage perfectly with the swing tounge trailer. I'm starting to see alot more of these boats out there. I'm extremely happy with mine so far.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Smile
Boat Tire Vehicle Wheel Watercraft
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
TC
Can’t give you any review on the center consol or the sazuki. Our 16.9 polarkraft has been a decent boat for over 10 years now. I often use it off shore trolling in Lake Huron. I’ve always felt safe in it as long as I watch the weather. They aren’t the top of the line boat wise but are solid and at a pretty good price.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
So my other question on that boat would be putting a kicker on it. It seems to have a fairly narrow beam at 92” is there enough room there to mount one. Everything else seems to be up around 100” or so wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
20 something years ago getting beams in the mid 80’s inches was a wide boat, and there have been plenty of kickers hung on boats narrower than 80”. You’ll be just fine on that Polar Kraft.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Check max weight transom can hold. If your max HP main motor is close to max weight, 4s are heavy, the additional 100# of kicker can shorten the life of the transom esp if it gets trailered a lot. True for any boat.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So my other question on that boat would be putting a kicker on it. It seems to have a fairly narrow beam at 92” is there enough room there to mount one. Everything else seems to be up around 100” or so wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
You would have no trouble mounting a kicker. Plenty of room

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
TC
Hi TCcrawdad.....a thought, if you'd like to fish out of one, schedule a charter with Lance Valentine, Walleye101.com and see how you like the Polarkraft. He has been fishing them for several years, and I think using the Suzuki motor too. He just started fishing a brand new one a few weeks ago.

Fun looking at boats for sure.

Paul C.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts