Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This set had been in for 12 days, no reluring. Another nice male.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
very nice! your spankin'em my friend! i hope to get a couple sets in before this day is done.

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
You are the man.:)

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Nice job John!

So what do you think finally catching a male fox in a set that has been in for 12 days is telling you?:confused:

Griff

·
Registered
26,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys :)

Gil, probably just shaking hands with him gave me a little good luck.

Griff, I know that I wasn't on location, I should be on the other side of the fence row Lesson #1 but it's corn there, winter wheat where I caught him, so I have to walk (no truck trapping for me), I know that it's on their travel paths and that they will eventually cross through there, but ultimately I wanted the yotes and any rabbit eating varmint would do as I want the boys to have more fun. Across the road, where to varmint came from, I can't trap but have seen them run this fence row for better than 30 years. It is less than 1/4 a mile down the road though.

Did I pass the test?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
B+ John :yikes:

If I was trapping Southern Michigan and I had a spot go for 12 days without even catching a grinner, coon or peppy no go. I would be looking for the trails gong into the corn to set. When the corn gets cut may be time to move back to a crop change up. Looks like a young male? You may want to check up on me with Bob to see if he agrees!:hide:

Griff

·
Registered
26,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I believe it was a mature male. The coyote sign is on the other side and I will set that when the corn is down, don't wanna walk just to check sets. I pass that spot 3-4 times a day so checking is easy. There's corn all over the other properties, I'm bow hunting pretty hard and will be pulling come gun season. I seriously doubt that Bob will ever talk to me again, since I'm a welfare trapper ;)

·
Registered
26,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I forgot to mention, I have a tree stand in the fence row that I hunt once a week or so, I did see a big boar coon one morning there so it did surprize me that I hadn't got one in those sets. I'm glad I didn't yet. He was headed toward the drainage ditch a couple hundred yards down, I'll be there come November.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts