Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I were hunting a food source today, and saw 2 bucks (100" 8 pt, and a 150+ monster 10 we've been after) actively chasing does again. One at 2 pm, and the big un at 5:15 pm.

This is only the third year I've ever seen active chasing during the secondary "rut".

It's a exciting thing to see bucks chasing in the December snow. I'm going to continue to hunt my food sources and doe bedding areas hard, and hopefully I can connect on a shooter this year. This is the longest i've gone into a season in the last 4 years without harvesting at least one 2.5 + buck. I'm beginning to think it's just not ment to be this year. I'm seeing lots of deer, but the pieces just can't seem to come together with the shooter bucks. Hopefully I can shake "The Monkey" half as good as farmlegend did:yikes:!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Its all about mind over matter in the late season. An it certainly helps to know a big 10 is still running around your area. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Saw the same thing last week and noticed fresh rubs and a couple of scrapes!! Plan on being out all weekend begining with tomorrow evening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts