Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
31,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone do any good off Sebewaing today? We only ended with 3 fish. Went past the pack of boats and got 2 that were few and far between and just legal, then after finding nothing, headed back twards back. Picked up one nice one in pack, around 12' or so of water, then nothing. Tried heading back over slot and bar to deeper water and fished from 16' out to 25' on a NW troll, and hardly marked a fish all the way to the nets out there. Just couldn't find them, maybe we should have stayed with pack, but figured in shallow they may be scattered with all the boats. Anyone else have any good report out from there. PM if you don't want to share with the world. Thanks.....Ralph

· Registered
5,101 Posts
Ralph, At least you got a few.:) Those fish can humble any of us at times. Just when you think you have it all figured out, here comes a curve ball. I hope to fish with you again sometime. Gitter Done.

· Registered
4,501 Posts
sebewaing?..hmmm..well 2 keeper size eyes..one throwback and a 37 1/2 inch northern..lol..he musta been lost..the 29th was tuesday right?...lmao....friggin winds this week..i think saginaw bay is more changeable and unpredictable than any other area on michigan great lakes waters

· Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Went on Mon. and launched at the Q. river. Started at the lower end of the slot where it's been good and couldn't deal with the bugs. Forecast winds for the day were less than 10mph. so we headed out past the bar in 16-20 FOW. Got our 10 from 3-6p on harnesses w/2oz. BB at 28-35 ft. back. 1.4-1.6 mph. Seen a little ripple on the water coming from the east and it went from <1ft to 1-3 with some 3-4 ft rollers in about a 1/2 hr. Forecasting the winds on the bay is like playing the lottery. The fishing on the bay is outstanding this year having limited out every time but once out of 15 times from the Q all the way to Au Gres. The one time I managed 3 by myself in 3-4 fter's in 2 hrs. Gotta love it!:p

· Registered
4,501 Posts
Went on Mon. and launched at the Q. river. Started at the lower end of the slot where it's been good and couldn't deal with the bugs. Forecast winds for the day were less than 10mph. so we headed out past the bar in 16-20 FOW. Got our 10 from 3-6p on harnesses w/2oz. BB at 28-35 ft. back. 1.4-1.6 mph. Seen a little ripple on the water coming from the east and it went from <1ft to 1-3 with some 3-4 ft rollers in about a 1/2 hr. Forecasting the winds on the bay is like playing the lottery. The fishing on the bay is outstanding this year having limited out every time but once out of 15 times from the Q all the way to Au Gres. The one time I managed 3 by myself in 3-4 fter's in 2 hrs. Gotta love it!:p
yo! heard they are getting eyes off grindstone city as well as smallies..can you confirm?

· Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Haven't been on that side of the thumb yet. Hard to beat the inner bay this year for steady walleye action. Caught some big cats too which is fun till they destroy your gear and cut into your walleye time:rant:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.