Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife just called me. She heard on the WWJ that they just pulled 8 guys off a floe the wind had set adrift. Will keep an ear on the radio for further details.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Glad I was smart enough to go back to bed this morning...That's all I need........Have the x turn on the news and see me and tori(my daughter) floating around on a berg!!

Keep us informed esox.... Still might try and make it out this afternoon if the wind shifts.

Year after year....amazing that some people don't learn,:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just heard on WWJ, that was a rescue on the main lake, Macomb County Marine Divison did the rescue. Now there is a separate rescue taking place at this moment on Anchor Bay.
GEEEZ people it's windy, stay in the canals.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First rescue was off Metro in L'anse Creuse Bay area.
The one that is underway is off Brandenburg.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
No John i'm still here. lol . I did get a few phone calls inquiring my whereabouts.

I heard there is a large group on the second ice flow.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
I wish I had a nice hovercraft. It sure would be cool to go out there and collect all of the gear that gets left behind when the choppers pick them up ! Heck I could make a killing selling recovered items at well below retail. :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Here is latest on the 8 guys from detroit freepress at: 10:25

The U.S. Coast Guard and local authorities rescued eight people this morning who were stranded on ice that broke free while they were fishing on Lake St. Clair, officials said.

Boats Mate 1st Class Kevin Angerstein said the Coast Guard responded after receiving a report of the people stranded near Metro Beach Metropark in Macomb County. Boats and a helicopter were involved in the rescue effort.

The group drifted on two ice floes about 150 feet from the beach.

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Three rescues, one at Metro, one at Brandenburg, one in Ira Twp.

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Ed Michrina
well at least at brandenburg park they aren't going to blow into the big lake
Scary thought Ed, there are supposed to be 10 vessel passages in the channel today. Hate to be in the path of a down bound Laker.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
37,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep those guys were at Palms Road. Ira is the lakefront in St. Clair County.

·
Registered
419 Posts
WWJ just said that the guy off of Palms Road DNR were rescued. Of course those of you listening to WWJ also heard the "We should make them pay for the resue" The reporter and Sherrif Hackel we both proposing that if you need to be resued then you must pay for it.
I wonder if they take credit out on the ice or else you do not get resued :D :D
I understand this arugement that they choose to be on the ice so then they put themsleves in harms way and should be responsible, however if we follow this logic then if your house burns down and it was your fault (smoking in bed, candels, no smoke dectors) then you should also pay for the fire rescue.

P.S. WWJ also reporting that no one should be on the ice today

1 - 20 of 58 Posts