Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's feeling about the early Doe season being the same time as the bear season in our area starts the 18th(doe) Red Oak. I think the DNR could of planned better! Also, youth duck hunting in our area more noise and I really promote youth hunting but couldn't they had Youth season and doe season on the 27th? Just looks like poor planning does anyone know why they picked these dates?

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
I just put in for a point this year...but if I had gone for a tag it wouldn't matter to me. In the fall there's always somebody in the woods doing something.

What is everyone's feeling about the early Doe season being the same time as the bear season in our area starts the 18th(doe) Red Oak. I think the DNR could of planned better! Also, youth duck hunting in our area more noise and I really promote youth hunting but couldn't they had Youth season and doe season on the 27th? Just looks like poor planning does anyone know why they picked these dates?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I don't think the early antlerless season is even available in the Red Oak BMU?:confused:
I thought early antlerless is southern LP only. It was put on this date to keep it away from the bow opener.

The youth waterfowl hunt is that weekend to keep it away from the UP regular waterfowl opener.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts