Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking what if you put out sugar beats the last week of season sugar beats freeze and are hard for the deer to eat but they still pick at them. after the season are you suppose to remove any bait you had out?
I assume you can't continue to feed the deer in winter?
Same goes for people who put out beats and set up there trail camera on there bait pile for hunting and left the camera out for January I am guessing you would be breaking the law?

I would love to run my deer feeder year around but it is 200 yards from my house and it sits empty becasue it has to be within 100 yards from the house correct for recreational veiwing? Have these laws changed?
Which hunting guide is this in so I can read it?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Every year for the last ten years I dump left over bait right where my trailer was all season on state land. I've gone to all corn but there were years I dumped beets in the past.
This year I dumped three 40lb. bags of corn which I imagine was pretty easy to see from a DNR plane. I've never been bothered.

·
Registered
374 Posts
They don't care about the bait, but you have to remove the minefields.

·
Registered
35,254 Posts
I make sure I refresh my mineral sites at the end of muzzleloader season. Granular just melts into the snow and appears to be gone prior to January 1st.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts