Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body use Seafoam on a two stroke outboard. Is this a good engine cleaner or is there something better for outboards? How often do you use it?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Seafoam's great stuff. I'd definately use it. I've used it in my Yammie boat motor, my lawn mower, my snowmobiles, riding lawn mower, trimmer, edger.

I guess what I'm saying is that if it has a motor, it's great stuff. It cleans the carbs, the rings, float bowls. I love it. I first started using it in my 4 stroke yammie sled due to an oil consumption issue. Well, it's given me more responsiveness, cleaner burning, and I think even better mileage.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I use Seafoam in all my 4 and 2 cycle engines. It is a GR8 stabilizer, and cleaner. I have never found a better product to use in it's place.:)

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Slick fishing said:
I am going to switch from Stabil to seafoam, who sell the stuff local auto parts place? Cya Slick
I buy mine at our local Napa store, but I imagine other retailers sell it as well. I use it in my motorcycle/ATV/boat/mower, etc. I use stabil as well but I'm just going to use th Seafoam from now on.

·
Registered
26,591 Posts
I think Seafoam is great, use it in everything. I've seen it at TSC, Speedway and car parts places.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Brent,
I get mine at NAPA also. In fact I think I'll pick up another can next time I'm near there. I've got some in the tank now. But when that tank gets low, I'll throw in another can and fill her up.

John

·
Super Moderator
37,742 Posts
Another seafoam fan here. My local Boullier Power Equipment place burned doen. I walked into the one on 23 Mile in Chesterfield and was dismayed when I couldn't find any Seafoam. I asked at the counter, they found it in the mechanics room. They told me the guys in back use a lot of it. LOL

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
LOL

As soon as I saw Esox had replied I hesitated to open it up. I just KNEW that his reply was going to be something like "Gee John, one can of SeaFoam should last you three or four seasons!". :lol: :lol:

John

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
jpollman said:
LOL

As soon as I saw Esox had replied I hesitated to open it up. I just KNEW that his reply was going to be something like "Gee John, one can of SeaFoam should last you three or four seasons!". :lol: :lol:

John

Take Paul's advice John. Get out fishing. ;) :D

Ijust bought a can of it today at murrays. $5.99. You can also use it in your diesel fuel. I believe it helped my mileage a little bit. I plan to run it in my weed whip, chainsaw and back pack blower among other things.

·
Smells like, Victory!
27,561 Posts
Meijers sells it. All my gas cans get it put right in them before I fill them up. Makes it easier than getting it out every time I put gas in something. Best cleaner and stabilizer I have ever used.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Add another to the list. Use it in everything from lawn equipment to the cars. Not hard to find.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Added some to my older 1978 25hp Evinrude the other day. It seemed like it made a difference in idling and smoothness. Plus for an old 2 stroke motor it didnt seem to smoke as much?

·
Registered
26,591 Posts
Topshelf said:
didnt seem to smoke as much?
Seafoam will remove carbon deposits.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Ranger Ray said:
Meijers sells it. All my gas cans get it put right in them before I fill them up. Makes it easier than getting it out every time I put gas in something. Best cleaner and stabilizer I have ever used.

Yep...thats where I get it from, Meijers.....sometimes you can find it on sale !! I have about 3 cans in the garage !! Use it in everything!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
saved a buddies jet ski from a trip to the shop with a clogged injector last year.
ran a double helping of it thru motor.ran it hard till it cleared.
saved my 90 johnson from a carb tear down when i first got it. wouldn't idle right
it would stall. not any more. use it in small amounts year round for maintenance and stabilizing. still use engine tuner every other year for carbon build up.
still fogging motor every year. not one trip to the shop in 4 years.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I finally got some today myself and there was only one place in town that carried it and used it on the boat and I think I am going to pick up another can and use it in the truck, I paid $6.00 for the can I bought.. Cya Slick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts