Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try not to make this sound like a personal ad. :lol:

Moved to the area (SW of Ann Arbor) a year ago and lacking any contacts for places to hunt and all my hunting buddies are 2hrs away. Wondering if there is any other poor bastard with no friends looking for a tracker, dragger, skinner, grinder, and might have a spare tree I could sit in. I checked some of the state land near me and it was pretty busy. 15 trucks parked on a 1/4 mile stretch of road is a little crowded IMO. :dizzy: I like having someone to hunt with, but I dont want to be close enough to talk while hunting. So shoot me a PM or whatever if you wanna talk.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Try not to make this sound like a personal ad. :lol:

Moved to the area (SW of Ann Arbor) a year ago and lacking any contacts for places to hunt and all my hunting buddies are 2hrs away. Wondering if there is any other poor bastard with no friends looking for a tracker, dragger, skinner, grinder, and might have a spare tree I could sit in. I checked some of the state land near me and it was pretty busy. 15 trucks parked on a 1/4 mile stretch of road is a little crowded IMO. :dizzy: I like having someone to hunt with, but I dont want to be close enough to talk while hunting. So shoot me a PM or whatever if you wanna talk.
Sorry CB. I fit the no friends and poor bastard piece but 2.5 hours away doesn't get you any closer.

Koz

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Quite a bit of public land in that area. Plenty of deer too. Once the corn comes down, public swamps will hold more deer. Get out there and explore! If you want it, it's out there!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I have taken 2 very nice mature bucks from there back in the late 90's just off its edge. My brother who lives there and still hunts it is successful every year and swears by it. It seems to have more bucks for some reason, most are smaller, but the % of finding a nice one is better the more you see. We were thinking that there are quite a few doe having twin bucks (genetics for a small space) than the other State Game Areas we have hunted in the past. Try it out, its best to scout it thru late spring and summer and get ya a spot as far away from your truck as possible.. Ya got to put in the work no matter where you hunt IMO.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I've just checked a couple areas in the Sharonville area close to me. I have not looked at the Waterloo or Pinckney areas north of me yet. Have to do a few drive bys and see if I can find some spots that don't look busy. Late in the game to be scouting, but better late than never. I just dont want to screw up anyone elses hunting at this point.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Throw this out there also. I'm on 250ft of the River Raisin between the dams in Manchester. Its great fishing, private, and loaded with nice crappie, gills, bass and pike. Swap a hunting spot for a fishing spot. You can even use my boat!

What more could you ask for? :lol:

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
So far I've just checked a couple areas in the Sharonville area close to me. I have not looked at the Waterloo or Pinckney areas north of me yet. Have to do a few drive bys and see if I can find some spots that don't look busy. Late in the game to be scouting, but better late than never. I just dont want to screw up anyone elses hunting at this point.
Drive bys will only show you where guys park. Most of them don't go very far in before they setup. Get out there and use your feet, the further in you go the less crowed you will find state land. Get back in a head of the others and they push deer your way.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Back in the day, I hunted Waterloo a lot. You just have to be willing to walking in more than 1/4 mile and you will get past 90% of the hunters.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Pm me. I will tell you how to play the get hunting land game. You'll get a lot of no's but you will get the fluke yes.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts